21. Not Doctor, just Y/N

If there was one title that Y/N hated, it would be Doctor.

She was 23 years old, and being so young with 2 PhD's, there were many who immediately assumed that she wanted to be addressed as Dr. Y/N Y/L/N. Unfortunately for them, they were all wrong. Since the day she achieved her first PhD at age 21, she refused to be addressed as Dr. Y/L/N, and instead insisted that she be addressed by her first or last name.

She'd rather people call her Y/N or Y/L/N.

Even when she was a cadet, people could constantly get her attention by addressing her as Dr. Y/L/N. She'd immediately correct them and when they pressed her for a reason, she'd glare at them and watch as they quickly moved onto the reason why they had gotten her attention in the first place.

Of course, she understood why people addressed her the way they did. They saw her as a female version of Spencer, and because he and others addressed him as Dr. Reid, everyone assumed that she wanted the same treatment. Oh how they assumed wrong.

———

3 months. That's how long Y/N had been apart of the BAU. Every day was a dream for her. Not only was she working with the FBI's most elite unit, but she got to spend every day with the man she loved.

Another day had gone by, which meant another day had passed without Y/N or Spencer revealing their relationship to the team. Everything seemed normal, cases weren't piling up or slowing down. Paperwork was just as annoying as ever and the sleepless nights certainly weren't stopping anytime soon.

The only thing that had changed was the added lecture to Y/N's schedule. On top of working cases and studying for her college classes, a guest lecture had been added to her schedule.

Rossi was due to host a lecture at a nearby college, - thankfully not the college that Y/N was attending - and weirdly enough, both Strauss and Hotch had suggested that Y/N join Rossi for the lecture, being his guest speaker. Why? They thought that she could give the chosen class a truthful look into what it was like working with the BAU as a new Agent.

As much as she wanted to decline, Spencer convinced her to go and accidentally got himself roped into going as well.

So, at 2 PM on a Wednesday afternoon, Spencer, Y/N and Rossi stood in a lecture hall, preparing their lecture. Rossi was the leader for the lecture. He would be doing most of the talking, with Spencer only joining in when Rossi gave him permission. As for Y/N, she was there as a guest. She prayed that Rossi would get too caught up in his lecture to remember that Y/N was supposed to talk to the class.

When the giant 83-person class had filtered into the lecture hall and had settled down, Rossi started. Spencer had been allowed to talk a few times, happily sitting to the side. He wasn't a fan of public speaking.

Y/N
"And now, Dr. Reid and I would like to introduce you all to the BAU's newest member, Agent Y/N Y/L/N." Rossi smiled, gesturing to you. You almost froze, but with a gentle look of encouragement from your boyfriend, you stood up and straightened your outfit, clearing your throat.

"Hi. I'm Agent Y/N Y/L/N. As most of you possibly picked up, those gentlemen over there are Supervisory Special Agents. That means 2 things. 1. They get paid more. 2. They've been catching serial criminals for a lot longer than any normal person should." You chuckled, trying to keep calm. Surprisingly, you could hear a few small groups of students chuckling at your joke.

"Before I tell you about the job that is being a member of the BAU, I must let you know that I entered this job with a lot more experience than most. Similarly to Dr. Reid, who has 3 PhD's and 2 BA's, I have 2 PhD's, one in psychology and one in sociology. At the moment, I am also studying to achieve a BA in philosophy." You explained, seeing the shock of many students faces.