25. Letting him in

Things had been normal around the BAU. Cases came and went, the team travelled near and far to find and apprehend unsubs. Paperwork was completed and given to Hotch.

Everything seemed to be going well for Y/N and the team. But, there was something holding her back from being at her best. As much as she wanted to ignore it and pretend it didn't exist, she couldn't. It was like a virus. Now that it's existence was known, it would never leave.

This - once imaginary - reality became true when another letter was sent to Y/N. This time, it wasn't at the BAU that she received the letter. This time, she was at her apartment and this particular letter fell into the hands of her very overprotective boyfriend.

At 11:30 AM on a Saturday morning, Spencer and Y/N were in her and Alyssa's shared apartment. Alyssa had been gone for a week, - visiting family - which left Spencer and Y/N alone in the very large apartment. To Spencer, his apartment happened to be slightly smaller than the one he had spent 3 nights in.

While Y/N was in the shower, relaxing herself after a very "exciting" morning, Spencer was alerted to the sound of a knock on the apartment door. He quickly got up and walked over, expecting to find someone standing outside the door. Yet, the moment he turned the door knob and pulled the door toward him, revealing the hallway in front of him, there was no person in sight. The only thing that resided in the hallway was a yellow envelope.

He picked it up and brought it inside, curious. Just then, Y/N exited the bathroom, using a separate towel to dry her hair while a larger towel was wrapped around her body.

"Who was it?" She asked, having not seen the envelope in his hand.

"Oh, no one. But this was on the floor." He made the envelope known to Y/N, who quickly snatched it out of his hand. It was that handwriting again. It still sent shivers down her spine.

Agent Y/N Y/L/N

Her eyes widened. Just like the letter she received at the BAU, the mystery person had addressed her by her rank within the FBI. She was shocked to see the address of the apartment missing from the front or back of the envelope, but she figured that the person knew exactly where she lived, so there was no point writing it down.

It made her feel sick knowing that the person who was threatening her had been less than 50 feet away from her and Spencer less than 5 minutes ago. Instead of sending the letter, her possible stalker was now choosing to hand deliver their letters, and doing so without revealing their identity.

Without hesitation, she ripped open the envelope and unfolded the letter, not caring that her boyfriend was only a few feet away.

Ignoring my letter? How rude! I thought that my strongly worded letter would send chills down your spine. Maybe even scare you enough that you'd become paranoid. But apparently not. You went on, travelling around the country, finding criminals and solving cases. First New York, then South Carolina. You must be very tired from saving so many lives (BARF).

It must be difficult, knowing that I'm still around. You didn't think I'd just...disappear, did you? I'm your worst nightmare, and like a nightmare, I'll never stop haunting you.

I didn't spend years figuring out the perfect way to make your like a living hell, only for you to read my letter and ignore it. No. I hope that you take this letter with more seriousness than the last letter. Because I promise you, I will NEVER stop making your life a nightmare.

You and your weak boyfriend Spencer should be very careful. It'd be a shame for one of you to just...disappear.

Once again, no signature, no initials and no indication as to who might have delivered the letter. If this was only the second letter, and there were possibly more to come, Y/N had every right to be fearful. Whoever this person was, they weren't playing games. They were threatening two FBI Agents possibly for the sake of revenge.

Every word that Y/N read was like a tiny knife being plunged into every part of her body. This person knew where she and the team had traveled to, which meant that this person had either been following her, or had someone else following her. It was creepy nonetheless.

"Son of a bitch." Y/N wiped her eyes, feeling sick, angry and very exhausted from the shit that she was copping from the person writing the letters. She didn't know who was after her, but she must have done something very unforgivable in order to have someone stalking her and claiming to be her 'worst nightmare'.

"What's wrong? What did the letter say?" Spencer asked. She sat down, ignoring the fact that she was wearing nothing but a towel around her damp body.

"Just under 2 weeks ago, someone sent me a letter. That letter is still at the office, but it's basically a toned-down version of what this letter says." She handed him the letter, deciding that he needed to know about what was going on, considering the mystery person had threatened her and now Spencer with a very serious warning.