30. Recovered memory

Y/N
No one likes feeling restless. There is no worse feeling than not being able to sleep. You announced to the team that you'd be more than willing to do a cognitive, and as a result, your sleep that night was non-existent.

You got into bed as normal and tried to put yourself to sleep by dreaming. Usually, that would work, but not this time. You closed your eyes, but 15 minutes later, you were wide awake, staring up at your bedroom ceiling, pure darkness enveloping the room. At 2 AM, you dialled Spencer's number and were very happy when he picked up. By 2:25, you were laying in Spencer's bed. Since you two had started dating, he had only ever stayed at your place. You hadn't really ever been to his place, yet the moment your head touched the pillows resting on his bed, you instantly felt at home and safe.

No matter what dream you had come up with in your mind, you were woken up around 15-20 minutes later, feeling your heart race. Something about wanting to do a cognitive had messed with your brain. Eventually, you managed to sleep for a few hours, but it wasn't a dream that inhabited your brain. It seemed to be a memory of some sort, but would you remember that in the morning? No. Unlike normal, you had no recollection of your memory.

You were greeted to the lovely sight of your boyfriend sitting on the edge of his bed, two coffees in his hand. He handed you one coffee and it was exactly how you liked it.

"Thank you. I really need this." You chuckled.

"Yes, you do. Considering you got less than 5 hours of sleep last night." Spencer moved closer to you and placed a gentle kiss on your lips.

"I'm gonna head home and get dressed. The last thing I need is Derek thinking I did a walk of shame." You exhaled.

"So sleeping with me is shameful?" Spencer pouted, clearly joking.

"Haha, very funny. No. Being your girlfriend and sleeping with you is the best thing I could ask for. All I'm saying is I need to present myself as refreshed and ready, not sleep-deprived and exhausted." You smiled.

"Okay, well, you're welcome to leave some clothes and toiletries here. I mean, I'd really love to wake up to the sight of my beautiful girlfriend every morning." Spencer held your hand.

"That sounds like a good idea. I'll go home now and pack a bag. I think that I'll stay here, with you. At least until Alyssa is home and safe." You admitted.

"Whatever you want." Spencer nodded.

"I'll see you at work." You kissed Spencer with passion before you got dressed and headed out the door, needing to go home and get changed.

At 8:30 AM, you walked into the BAU bullpen with your purse and a small backpack. It was different than your "go" bag, as it was mainly for Spencer's place. Spencer had stayed at your place a few times and last night was the first night that you spent at his place, but neither of you had actually thought about moving in together. You were afraid that it was too soon and you were curious to know how Spencer felt about it. If he was so keen on having you stay over, then maybe moving in together might not be such a bad idea.

Unfortunately, the "moving in together" talk would have to wait. You had a very important task to complete today, and hopefully, you'd be able to accomplish 2 things; 1. Finding out who the unsub is and 2. Remembering more of your past.

To be honest, you didn't really remember a lot of your past. Obviously, you had only been alive for 23 years, but you had achieved a lot in that time, and a lot was missing from your memories.

"Y/N. Who would you like to conduct your cognitive?" Hotch asked, crossing his arms together.

"Prentiss." You exhaled. Prentiss seemed to be the only person who would be unbiased.