Chapter 29

"You will never understand what I had to go through. I could have been an amazing mother to them but you took that away from me," said a crazed Hayley as she pointed a sharp knife in front of her, swinging it while holding onto a crying Alaia.

~8 HOURS EARLIER~

Inside a small house was Hayley as she looked at the two children that she had taken from the Mikaelson mansion. Every time she tried to touch River she would get a splitting headache causing her to almost drop the child. Eve tried to comfort her but she wouldn't listen to the girl as she grew angrier.

"You little shit why are you doing this?" she shouted at the infant male but she only received another splitting headache.

"Get him away, take him away," she shouted but no one could go near the twins or they'd feel a massive headache that brought them to their knees.

"He's your son Hayley so please calm down," urged Eve.

River stared at the strange people especially his main kidnapper with hatred. All he remembered was being put to sleep after what he heard was his parents' wedding. The last thing he saw was his loving parents' faces as they kissed him and Alaia goodnight. They had begun to cry due to missing their mom's warm embrace however sleep took over and they closed their eyes.

He had a smile on his face as he dreamed about four wolves running around. A white one with purple markings on the fur and purple eyes and a big black one with golden eyes with their pups. The first one was a small black pup with white tip ears and a tail with heterochromia eyes, purple on the left and gold on the right. While the other was a small white pup with black tip ears and tail also with heterochromia eyes, gold for the left and purple for the right.

Sadly his dream came to an end when he felt something being placed in his mouth. He opened his eyes to see a strange brunette lady trying to place her saggy breast in his mouth causing him to panic and give a mild aneurysm. The lady then placed him beside his now wailing twin.

He tried to comfort Alaia but she only kept crying for their mom. River wanted to cry too but he knew he had to stay strong and protect Alaia until his mother and father finds them.

Meanwhile, the hybrids were trying to calm Ophelia down as their sire and Marcel thought of a way to find their missing young alphas. This didn't go too well for the young mother as she snapped their necks whenever they tried to talk or touch her. This was the sight Niklaus walked in on as he saw nine of his hybrids unconscious on the ground and the remaining eleven cowering in fear.

"Now love please don't snap any more of my hybrids' necks please," he said trying to approach his wife but the she-wolf only ended up crying.

"I need to go find them Nik. What if she's torturing them or she killed them because they're our children," Ophelia asked as she sobbed into her husband's arms.

"Don't worry love we'll get them back safe and sound I promise," he said, however, what he didn't know was that in a few hours, he would regret saying that.

Hayley couldn't stand the constant headaches that she was receiving whenever she tried to approach River. She took up Alaia and sedated her by injecting a small amount of anesthesia that made her fall asleep. She tried to do the same to River but this time placed a larger amount.

River tried to fight against the drug as much as he could but sadly he couldn't as he was only two weeks old. His little body could not fight against it causing him to fall asleep. However, what Hayley failed to realize was that the large dosage started to slow down River's heart rate. Eve came to check on the twins and Hayley when she saw her rocking the 'sleeping' Alaia.