Chapter 21

~THIRD PERSON POV~

Elijah who happened to hear that Ophelia was not okay from Rebekah who was currently staying with her as Marcel, Thierry and Niklaus went out to find a solution to her sudden fever.

The noble original arrived with Davina when Davina told Rebekah she can do a spell to heal her but she'll need some herbs so while the girls went to get the herbs ready and prepare the spell, Elijah's job was to keep an eye on the pregnant brunette.

Looking at Ophelia Elijah knew he held feelings for her but he decided to hide it as he saw how she made his brother happy and he didn't want to take away Niklaus' happiness. He saw her eating the ice cream his brother got her and it amazed him how well the hybrid was catering to her needs and the reality that he'll be a father.

"How are you feeling Ophelia?" he asked as he sat on the bed beside the girl.

"Really hot but I'll be fine soon dad and Nik will find a solution," she said.

Seeing that the girl looked sleepy Elijah told her to get some sleep to which she did as she slowly closed her eyes and drifted away. Once he heard her breathing relax he took the opportunity to place a chaste kiss on her forehead before looking at her luscious red lips and turning away.

"I can't go any further," he whispered to himself before sighing.

"You've got that right because I refuse to see my brothers fighting over a girl much less one who's carrying Nik's miracle child," said Rebekah as she stood at the room door with her arms crossed in-front of her chest.

"It was nothing Rebekah," said Elijah as he took off his jacket and walked out of the room.

"Elijah you can't do this," said Rebekah following after her brother.

"Do what exactly Rebekah?" he asked annoyed.

"Fall for her. She's carrying Nik's child for goodness sake how can she go around seducing every Mikaelson males she sees," cursed Rebekah.

"She did no such thing," said Elijah.

"It's like Tatia all over again," said Rebekah.

"Rebekah you may be my sister but you have no right to judge who I have feelings for looking at your track record," said Elijah

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rebekah asked.

"You have such horrible taste in men that remarkable your here judging me," he said.

"No I don't," she argued.

"Have you forgotten about the hunter that used you to kill our family," he asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Let is not forget how quickly it took you to run back into Marcel's bed and your upset he chose Ophelia over you," added Elijah.

Elijah sighed he didn't mean to be so harsh with her but she was honestly getting on his last nerve about this topic and so he was glad when Davina came back with a rag and little water. He took them from her then went back into the room when he walked over to a sleeping Ophelia and sat down. He placed the rag in the water before taking it out and squeezing out the excess then wiped the girl's sweating forehead.

"Mhmmm," Ophelia began to turn before opening her eyes.

"Niklaus," she called out only to realize that it was Elijah that was wiping her forehead.

"Oh I'm sorry sorry Elijah I thought it was Nik," she said while trying to get up.

"No no no Ophelia lie back down," he urged as she reluctantly listened.

"Here I made this for you just drink it and you'll feel all better," said Davina as she entered the room and walked towards the sick girl giving her the cup filled with the potion to make her feel better.

"It's okay," he said trying to reassure her

The fever went down as Elijah ran his fingers through her brown curly locks only for a full force pain attacked her as she screamed out. Which worried Elijah who didn't know how to ease her pain. His heart broke as she heard her whimper in pain and crying Klaus' name.

"He'll be here soon," said Elijah as he continued to run her head.

Meanwhile Marcel, Klaus and Thierry were looking for Agnes as Marcel claimed the witch could help since she was the one that took care of Ophelia for him.

"Wait so you banned witches from using magic and when they are found guilty for using it you kill them and hang their body so other witches can see and you thought it was smart to leave your daughter in the hands of one," said Niklaus as he looked at the male.

"Well the agreement was that she watched my daughter and only she would get to use magic," countered Marcel.

Klaus then walked up to Marcel and knocked on his forehead as the vampire pushed the hybrid away and placed his hand on his forehead.

"Why did you do that?" Thierry asked the hybrid.

"Oh I seeing if vampirism rotted his brain," Klaus answered nonchalantly.

"Hey," shouted Marcel.

"You should be offended of course because every vampire knows that witches like balance and nature and we are unnatural and an imbalance worse you forbid them to do something they live for and you expect she wouldn't plot against you? I bet she's the one who caused Ophelia's spike in temperature, I mean come on I've known to do stupid things but placing my child in my enemy's hand has won the award," said Klaus with his arms crossed in-front of his chest.

Marcel could only hold his head down in shame as he knew his sire was right. Hopefully they can find Agnes and force her to reverse whatever spell she did. They walked into the house only to find it empty and clear of all belongings.

"We'll shit," said Thierry.

Marcel then received a call from Davina that they found some curse objects they can use to siphon the magic and she can be medium however they needed Klaus. Once he heard his name Klaus didn't wait a second more and sped to his compound where he saw Ophelia in his brother's arms crying and withering in pain inside the pool.

Davina came outside and told them to bring her inside as they placed her inside the circle with the harvest witch inside it with her. She only need support from the hybrid as Ophelia wouldn't calm down without him.

"My baby," she whimpered before falling unconscious as Davina started the spell.

It took thirteen minutes and a nose bleed when suddenly Ophelia's glowed giving off a light which the objects glowed as well before the light diminished. Davina looked at the pregnant girl who gasped for breathe as her eyes shot open and tears fell from her eyes. Davina shot up in horror as everyone ran to Ophelia and saw that she was alright.

A/N: Hey Guys 'Reborn as Vicki Donovan' and 'Esther's Flower' are out hope you like them