Chapter 11

~THIRD PERSON POV~

It has been a week since the scare where poor Ophelia was bed ridden much to the girl's dismay as she kept persuading her father and uncle that she was perfectly fine. Since she couldn't dance she just went to the studio to help the troupe with small things such as choreographing she even became a frequent customer at the local pastry shop.

What was even better for her was that she went on two dates with a very handsome blonde haired blue green eyed male with a sexy british accent. She got to know him better and was kind of shocked at how open he was with her. He admitted to her that he was a vampire but was scared to tell her about being a hybrid as he was scared she'd put two and two together and realize he's 'The Klaus Mikaelson'. He knew he didn't have a good history as he killed a lot of people and he preferred she got to know him without the rumors that was attached to his head.

He told her about how his mother had an affair and he became the product of her affair which resulted in his father or the man that grew him to hate him and abuse him more than he ever did. She felt sympathy for the male who grew up in such a home. She disclosed that she didn't know her birth parents and that her father is a vampire who found her mother's body after she was killed  by a vampire which caused her to be born due to the shock.  The male was angry when he found out but he was glad that she was okay when found.

The two continued to get to know each other until it was now two weeks after the incident happened our dear Ophelia started experiencing morning sickness which led us to the current situation of her being at the hospital confirming if she is really pregnant.

~OPHELIA' POV~

" Can you say that over please doctor," I said because I think there something wrong here.

"Congratulations Miss Richards-Gerard you are pregnant," he repeated.

"Wait wait please do another test because I honestly can't be pregnant I mean I can't even have children so doctor don't play any prank on and please do over the test," I said slowly getting angry.

"I mean I've been sick with the flu a few days ago so it must be it please doctor just do the tests over I'm willing to wait," I said no desperately.

"Little Ophelia I've been your personal doctor since that incident when you were young and I was the one who diagnosed you as infertile after treating your wounds so I too am shocked to see that your pregnant," he responded which caused me to cry as I remembered my childhood trauma. It took me years to function as now as I could after all they did to me and it didn't make it any better when Doctor Smith told me I wouldn't be able to have kids. I broke my heart and as I got older I felt sorry for all the innocent persons who turned into vampires that wanted to have kids but couldn't so I created a system that allowed them to have children.

"But Doctor Smith it isn't possible I haven't had intercourse since my rape and you know vampires can't procreate so how's that even possible?" I asked as I'm not really convinced that I'm actually pregnant with some miracle baby.

"For reassurance I'll two tests one is I'll test your urine and the other you pee on this stick," he said as he handed me a cup to pee in and the pregnancy kit.

I took both and excused myself to the bathroom with the cup and the kit. I sat over the towel while holding the cup under me as I peed into it. I don't know if it's the nervousness or something else but I didn't know what I was supposed to feel knowing that there's a possibility that I'd be pregnant. I mean I am eighteen and I have enough money to buy a house and daily necessities for both myself and my child when he or she is born but sad that I won't be able to dance for a while and I know dad might be mad that his little girl is pregnant but I know he'll be happy to know that he'll be a granddad but I'm kind of sad because I am starting to like Nik and I don't know how he'll react to know I'm pregnant.

While going through my wild thoughts, I walk out of the bathroom after placing the kit in the pee for two minutes I took it out and held unto it as I gave the cup to Doctor Smith while holding onto the kit scared as hell.

'I'm going to be a mother'

'A baby is in my belly'

'I'm carrying a human being inside me'

I kept repeating these sentences in my mind when I check my phone saw that it's been ten minutes since I place the stick in my pee so I thought it was time to see if I was really pregnant. I picked up the stick off the table where I left it and turned it around.

'Please lord if I'm not pregnant I ..... I don't know what to say but if I am I will take care of my child with my life. I will protect them from all the supernatural forces out there and give them love filled with joy.'

I then looked at the test and the two lines made my heart skip a beat as happiness overtook me. I am carrying a human being, a living thing in me. It brought tears to my eyes as I think that I'll be able to welcome a mini version of myself to this horrible world but it'll be the best since I'll be here for them.

" I see that you are happy," said Doctor Smith as he entered the room with his clip board.

" It's positive," I told with a big smile on my face.

"Well that makes it easier to give you this paper then," he said as he handed a document with my report which says affirms that I'm pregnant. I feel my smile broaden at how happy I am as I ran and hugged doctor Smith before telling him goodbye.

I walked through the streets so happy as I wondered how I was going to tell dad that I'm pregnant. To think it I went to my favorite pastry shop as I opened the door and the rich scent of coffee filled my nose.

"I see young Ophelia is here again," said Margie the owner of the shop.

"Why does everyone call me little or young," I grumbled.

"That's because your Marcel's little dove and the fact that we're all way way older than you," replied Xavier her son.

"Guys I'm eighteen soon nineteen," I said.

"And Xavier is over a century older," rebutted Margie.

"Fine y'all win," I gave up.

"Here's your cappuccino, strawberry croissant," said Xavier as he handed me a paper bag with my order.

"And here's a slice of cheesecake for you buns," said added Margie

"Wait how did you-"

"Mother's intuition," she replied.

"Oh"

"Plus your glowing so," continued Margie as I thanked her for the cake and bid her and Xavier goodbye.

I then went to the mall and into a baby clothing store to look around when I spotted a onesie saying ' I'm A Grandad'. I decided to buy it so I took it off the rack along with another one for uncle Thierry with matching socks for each. I then placed them into separate gift bags after paying the cashier and finally made my way home.

Upon arriving at the compound I heard a commotion from inside.

"Dad," I called out as I entered seeing the rest of dad's vampires and an unknown male and a female who looked like him standing beside dad. I looked closer and saw thet the man was Nik.

"Nik what are you doing here?" I asked as both Nik and dad looked at me now shocked as i standing behind Nik.

"Little dove/ Ophelia," they said in unison shocked to see me.