Chapter 5

~OPHELIA'S POV~

I can't believe I balled my eyes out just because of what she said I mean I know Amber is a bitch but she didn't have to go that far. *Sigh* It best I go home before dad gets worried and send everyone after me. 

I didn't see the guy I bumped into clearly but I found it nice that he asked if I was okay even though I lied. Hopefully we don't meet again as dad said I should be wary of strangers now since numerous unidentified vampires have been showing up in New Orleans.

I didn't like that the vampires under my father's rule would kill innocent visits who came to our city as I thought they might have families at home who were waiting on them and would he sad of they found out they're dead so now everyone does the snatch and erase technique as dad calls it while dad and uncle Thierry get their regular supplies from the hospitals they owned.

To not look suspicious in a way dad revealed his vampirism to the founders of the different hospitals and with the signed treaty for peace between the vampires and humans, the agreed to co-sign their hospitals with him and they have a scheduled blood donation every three months where on third of the blood is shared with the vampires.

I like this because not only does my dad make money legally without compulsion but some vampires who actually wanted jobs benefited. They were able to coexist with the humans and go as far as build relationships. One major advantage is that since vampires aren't able to procreate you have a surrogacy program where humans from all over the world can volunteer to carry a child for a vampire and they'd be paid.

This was actually my idea but it helped and so New Orleans became a safe haven for vampires who wanted to start over their lives with a clean slate. As long as they abide by the rules set by my father, then they are welcomed with open arms by the citizens especially the humans but not everyone knows of their existence just so everyone doesn't panic.

Even though the peace was maintained by the vampires, other species didn't agree with this such as witches who saw them as bad omens and freaks of nature and the werewolves. They didn't abide by the treaty and killed over one hundred vampires both children and adults. So to regain the peace dad forbade the witches from using magic and drove the werewolves to the Bayou.

Uncle Thierry said that dad saved a young witch name Davina from being sacrificed by the witches and she's been loyal to him since then by telling him whenever a witch uses her magic. I've met the witch before but she doesn't like me for some reason. When I was ten I met her for the first time but she shunned me and even told me I didn't belong there since then dad and uncle Thierry told me to just avoid her.

When I was twelve I was kidnapped by some werewolves and tortured but I was saved by dad and later found out that due to the extent of the bruises and scares there will be slim to none chance of me having kids.

It was the first time I saw my dad cry as he told me he failed as a father for not taking good care of me and causing me to suffer like this. I told him everything was okay and I'll be alright as I cried as well. For my safety he found an old witch called Agnes who was assigned to keep safe with the use of her magic.

I liked living with Agnes and she even introduced me to dancing by taking me to watch performances at the theatre. She enrolled me in dance and gymnastic lessons and as I got older I completed in different dance and gymnastic competitions which to my surprise dad was there for everyone which made me so happy.

Last year when I turned seventeen I came back to New Orleans as I had been staying in American for two years because of dance school. Dad told me he and a friend opened a dance studio in here and I happily joined. We continued to perform at events and competitions and now we were doing a show.

I was currently walking home after Café du Monde after buying some croissants for myself and everyone along with a parfait with strawberries for myself when I suddenly got a call.

"Hello, who is this?" I asked not looking at the caller ID.

"Ophelia it's Miss Clarke."

"Oh hey Miss C how may I help you."

"The director of Dance New Orleans has asked if you are able to perform at the street Mardi Gras that's being held in three day."

"He wants me to perform," I asked excitedly trying not to scream.

"Yes darling so will you be able to?"

"Of course miss tell him I will."

"I will. Do you need help with creating your routine?"

"No miss I'll be fine. I have a studio at home so I'll be okay but you can come tomorrow and supervise to see if you like it."

"Alright. Is five an okay time?"

"Yes miss."

"Okay see you then"

"Bye."

After the conversation I hurriedly went home as I walked into the mansion.

"Dad I'm home and I bought croissants," I shouted.

"We are in my office honey," I heard him shout as I began walking to his office and saw he was in a meeting with uncle Thierry and aunt Katie.

"Hey guys," I said as I placed the food on the table.

"Hey little Dove," thy greeted in unison.

They took their croissant and drinks as I noticed before they were all serious so I decided to asked what was the problem.

"Six vampires in our clan were found dead," said Dad.

"How comes?" I asked shocked.

"The originals are back in New Orleans," the said in unison as I looked at them both in shock and fear.