20

Chapter twenty
'Unease'

ALL I COULD HEAR WAS Henry's heartbeat, it was like music to my ears as I laid, peacefully on his chest. I wasn't sure how long I'd been awake for, but as he heavy breathed and cuddled closer to me, it only assured one thing. That I wanted to lay here forever. So I laid, still. Watching as small house sparrows flew past the window and grazed on the tree's, tweeting to one another to tell everyone it was morning, time to wake up.

"How long have you been staring at me?" Henry asked in his morning voice. He smiled upwards at me, planting a soft kiss on my cheek which caught me off guard.

"I wasn't staring!" I brushed off, feeling warmth envelope me.

"That's why your cheeks are all red" he teased, his hands coming up to pinch them. Instantly I averted it, giggling as I kicked away.

"Hey, come here" Henry chuckled as he wrapped his strong arms around my waist and pulled me in. I happily settled back into his chest, forever enjoying his touch.

"New day, new rumours" I sighed, breaking the happy atmosphere. "Do you think we will still be the talk of today?" It has been a week since the rumours first began, a week since Hattie was rushed into hospital, yet the talk didn't ease. But, after each day of 'torture' I would come back to Henry's bed, soak up his warmth and forget about the day.

"I have no idea" he grumbled in response, rubbing circles over my shoulder. "But, we have one another. Don't let it get to you"

I nodded briefly, now sitting up on my elbow. "I won't. Or least I'll try. Are we going to tell Hattie?"

"It's her first day back since she tried killing herself, I'm not sure" his voice was low, eyes downcast. But in reassurance he picked up my chin and stroked my cheek. "I think we just.. see how today goes"

I planted a soft kiss to his lips, letting them reside there for a moment before pulling away. "I think it's time for breakfast" cheekily I whisked myself out of bed, wearing one of Henry's t shirts that were many sizes too big for me, and pointed to the kitchen area. "Gentlemen first?"

Henry rolled his eyes, following suit out of the bed. "Me, cook? Come on, ladies first" he then picked me up by my waist, his hands feeling perfect on my skin. My legs were wrapped firmly around his hips, and my nose was nuzzled into his mane of hair.

"You love to cook. Besides, you're really good at it" I whispered into his ear, in which he replied softly "you know me too well"

He placed me back onto the floor, the floorboards being cold. "Eggs, bacon, sausages. What did you want to eat?" Henry began to say as his eyes scoured across the fridge contents.

"How about.. all of them. A big, English breakfast please, Sir" I teased, doing a mocking twirl and then planting myself on the kitchen stool.

"Yes m'lady" he said back in the same teasing tone. Right away, his hands got to work and he began making this massive breakfast I had asked for. The smell of perfectly cooked bacon was mouth watering.

Whilst he did that, I fumbled around my now light rucksack. Realising I needed to grab some more clothes from my dorm. Lazily I grabbed some grey leggings and a matching oversized t shirt, deciding to dress more causal today.