12

Chapter twelve
'Fast pulse'

WAKING UP FELT different today as a warmness brushed against my back, an arm wrapped delicately around my waist and a light fanning of breath tickled my neck. Today I didn't want to crawl out of bed, today the shower of sunlight through the windows didn't make me crease up my eyes and instead I felt in utter bliss.

It didn't take a genius to conquer why this was; if any woman was in my position their pulse would be rapid just how mine is. A strong, muscly and weirdly enough delicate man laid behind me and even though I promised not to get close; I just couldn't help myself. Maybe, I deserve to find someone in my depleted whirlwind called my mind and that my very well built barriers could open for one person at least.

Henry began to stir which made me flinch and my stomach clench. What if when he woke up he realised what a mistake everything was, how he regretted sleeping beside me and all the smalltalk of last night. What if I snored in my sleep without realising and this put him off of me; or what if I have the most awful morning breath?

Pursing my lips together I gently peeled myself out of his strong arms and proceeded to scoot myself to the edge of the bed, my eyes snapping looks between his sleeping figure and the reluctant passageway to the doorway that would lead me to the bathroom.

"Where do you think you're going?" Henry asked with the most sexiest, hair raising morning voice. "You think you're going to run away from me ?"

Biting my lower lip I began to think 'fuck' I really didn't want him to see me in my pre-morning status. Hair messed, teeth unbrushed and tired eyes. Not that I wanted to go out of my way to impress this man but to save the embarrassment I would. Henry is a god. To him I wanted to be a sort of goddess if you will. Though that would be highly unlikely given that I was a very basic, black and white standard looking type of girl.

Still turned away from him I quietly opened my mouth to speak; only to be 'rudely' interrupted "I'm just going to-

Henry lurched forwards and wrapped his arms around my waist which made me squirm; but the familiar feeling of warmth was certainly welcomed with open arms. I had already began to miss it. "You're not going anywhere"

Blushing profusely at his words I relaxed into his arms, my mouth sealed tight incase of my glooming morning breath. "Are you.. not going to talk to me?" He stated with suspicion and amusement.

Staying silent I saw Henry raise an eyebrow with a devious look spread across his cheeks.

"Oh I think you are going to talk to me" He quipped as his eyes buried into mine deviously. Henry's fingers went to my hips; my eyes now widened like flying saucers. I didn't even get the chance to respond as he quickly made use of the few seconds I didn't respond to him- his fingers tickling me in an instant.

Ugly belly laughing quickly followed after and I was soon wiggling about like a worm in the mud; my arms flailing around like a baby. "H-Henry!!" I panted breathlessly through a fit of my own happy tears. Any man to attempt to tickle me would surely be dead but not Henry. No, Henry could do anything and I probably would still give him the credit of the doubt.

"Are you ready to talk to me now?" He said with an adorable, playful pout. Nobody could resist that look, especially that look which fitted his face peculiarly. He didn't suit looking cute and childish, though it was still great to see.