17

Chapter seventeen
'H vs B'

WE LAID THERE FOR AWHILE, The ticking of the clock on the wall was the only audible thing, it almost felt like old times. Where we would enjoy these nights together, embracing one another. Nothing else mattered. But there was still one hard pill to swallow, that pill beginning with 'H'.

She may have been curious by now, it was past ten o'clock at night. There was no sight of me at her dorm, nor did she come knocking for me. And presuming she would be wondering where Henry was, it kind of fit side by side. An accusation was brewing, me and Henry. Though, it wasn't an accusation anymore. I gave in to temptation, I became a home-wrecker.

"You should probably go" I whispered in Henry's ear. He flinched at the sudden noise and nodded with a sigh.

"You're right, I need to confront Hattie" just the mentioning of her name coming from his mouth felt like a knife was being twisted inside of my heart. All I could do now was hope. Hope that Henry wouldn't break my heart again, especially now that I'm so invested. I had my first kiss with him.

Henry sat up, the sofa still keeping the shape of his body and he grabbed his leather jacket off the coat hook. "I'll be back, I promise"

I walked over, arms crossed. "Please don't hurt me again" my voice was low, timid and unlike me. This is what I didn't want. To become soft and uncomfortable. But here I was, always doing something that I disliked.

"You better not" I half joked, a fake smile pressing on my lips. "I'll see you tomorrow"

Henry cupped my cheeks, rubbing a thumb across. The very action made me yearn for more, I enjoyed every single moment with him, so instinctively I leant into his hands. "Then, I cannot wait for tomorrow" He then kissed my forehead tenderly and exited my dorm. Leaving me alone, as usual.

**

"You better wake up!" Hailey shrieked, her voice making me instantly lurch forwards and heavy pant. She threw a semi hard pillow at me and once I had opened my eyes I was utterly confused by how uptight she was. Her face was red, her knuckles white. She looked furious. And it seemed as if it was aimed at me?

"What the fuck is going on?" I croaked, my morning voice evident. I needed a drink, that was obvious.

"I should be asking you that, don't you think?" Hailey scoffed rudely.

"Uh-no. I have no idea what you're going on about" I responded blankly. For one, I hadn't seen Hailey properly in forty eight hours. And two, she had no right waking me up so awfully.

"Oh whatever Blair! Everyone is fucking talking about it. You always act so high of yourself when in reality you're just a..."

"A what Hailey?" I snapped, standing from my bed and walking towards her. "Come on? What is it then? I'm all fucking ears"

"You're a sneaky, backstabbing person"

The words stung, more than I thought they would. But I was confused more than anything, where was this all coming from ?

"Blair, she has told everyone. How you've been with Henry behind her back. Don't get me wrong, we were both in the dark before she came here. But to continue it after knowing about them two? That's so.. wrong and tasteless"