6

Chapter six
'Lucky escape'

EVERYONE AT THIS POINT were near enough collapsed on the floor or sleeping on nearby furnishings with only a few people left seated in a small circle with their plastic cups full of different concoctions. My eyes were heavy, head spinning and stomach churning. Henry on the other hand looked like himself other than his skin tone had turned salmon from the alcohol pumping extra blood through his cheeks.

"So tell me why hasn't this fucking bottle landed on you yet" Luke groaned towards me as his words slurred. He chugged back the remaining vodka in his cup and wiped his lips with his sleeve.

Rolling my eyes I frowned "All I know is that you would of been living it up if you hadn't rejected the last few spins that landed on you" My voice didn't sound normal anymore. Anyone with a brain would've been able to tell I had been drinking at this point. So trying to shift unwanted male attention was not only unusual for me- but incredibly more difficult in my mental state.

"Blair it's your turn again but this time you've gotta go for it" Jessica whined with her bottom lip now jutted out like a child. Truthfully I had been landed on now three times, each from boys who stunk of marijuana and sweat. No thank you- I was not about to kiss anyone; let alone those who made me inwardly hurl.

Hesitantly; whilst biting the inner of my cheek I spun the bottle that now had an array of finger prints painted on the glass. My eyes followed the Budweiser bottle regrettably even though I knew deep down I wouldn't be going into any bathroom with any man anyway. All I wanted was to sleep, sleep and more sleep. Sleep until I put myself into a coma.

"Ahh Henry it landed on you" Jessica applauded with a hearty laugh. "I wonder if she will accept the free invitation this time" Instantly my belly fuelled with sickness, excitement and nerves all in one.

Henry shuffled from his seated position with a wobble and outstretched his hand "let's go talk some shit for seven minutes. It'll be a nice escape" Henry's comment reassured me that it would purely be an escape from this hell hole so of course I took his hand and accepted the 'fate' of the bottle.

Jessica and a few others began to clap their hands because of us being what they class as 'prudes' all night and wished us well as we walked away. Luke on the other hand who I had known for a mere few hours looked like someone had shat on his favourite cereal, clearly he was heavily under the influence or point blank delusional.

The bathroom was overly small, like a box to be precise and it smelt like pinewood bleach. The colour scheme hurt my eyes as I saw yellow and pink decor in every corner- but least I was away from the shit show. Henry had his hand scratching the back of his neck as he awkwardly looked around, not wanting to leave his eyes on me for too long. It made my cheeks burn from how adorable and respectful Henry was being.

"So, I didn't expect to be in a bathroom with you" I squeaked to break the silence which Henry melted into with appreciation. "Especially a bathroom with such a crap colour scheme"

Henry nodded with a laugh "I mean, least it's not a wardrobe. Wardrobes are even more tedious"

There was a knock outside the bathroom door which made me jump out of my skin. It seemed I was more nervous as well as confident with my new drunken brain which was completely contradictory.