A page away

A page away
Julia gasped in horror as she walked slowly away with unsteady steps away from the broken glass window that revealed a snowy garden which was normally well trimmed and maintained but was now covered with thick white mass of snow,with her chest heaving in a heavy breath.Julia was in her early twenties,who was always addicted to video games and horror films.But as she grew older she found an unquenchable flame of interest in books which were mostly from mystery horror genre.She also read romantic books during her leisure.
One fateful day she had ordered a romance book online and had waited patiently for the delivery.But instead she had gotten a mystery horror book instead.She wasn't angry with it and was happy that the error in delivery had worked to her own advantage.She happily snug in her favorite couch and devoured the intriguing book,page by page till she finally finished it with a satisfied grin.She loved reading those genre of books because it kept her in suspense while her brain was busy with the mystery that was developed in the book.
Her parents were always travelling And she didn't seem to bother about it.She was an only child and she could stay alone for weeks without feeling anything.She was literally a loner.So her parents travelling the following week wasn't a problem to her.She could read books all day,and her phone was there.
She finished reading the book in a chilly Sunday winter morning,when she closed the most intriguing book she had ever read in her life with a loud thud,not knowing that she had read what would exactly happen to her in the next couple of creepy days that followed.
The next week,her parents had told her about their plans to travel the second time, hoping that she would follow them.But she was adamant she would rather stay in her room all day than to meet boring people.
"We will be leaving to the concert by tomorrow,it will be fun, and you can come if you want,"her mom had offered.
"You'll have a great time there"her dad added.
"No mom,dad,I don't want to go.I don't have to bother you"she had said engrossed with her video game.
"Well then,we will be only gone for a day,take care of yourself"he advised.
"Ok, just know that we care about you and we want you to live your life to the fullest"her mom had assured.They we're both tired of dragging her all the way.She probably had to be tied in a bag or kidnapped before she would agree to go out.
She growled when they had left her room.They were the cause of everything.While she was younger with much animated attitude and liveliness.They had been too strict,and too protective and ended up making her the person she was now.
She had been nice, cheerful and the life of the party,but her parents in order to protect her from the wrong path and peer group had regularly seized her phone,grounded her for weeks or more,and forbade her naughty friends from visiting her.It seemed strange for her to pass through those turmoil although she never did anything,she was only overly animated and cheerful which made her parents fear for her determination and focus on her goals.But they took drastic measures that had changed her.She got used to the loneliness and solitude, and she got immersed in books,video games and anything that could literally keep her away from people.She eventually lacked communication skills that made it hard for her to converse to people including her parents.
Her parents had travelled the next morning and she was left alone in the house with her books and games.
Like what had been written in the book that she once read with ravenous curiosity,The parents of the main fictional character had gone on a two day trip but were held up by some blockage on the road.She found out to her dismay that exactly the same thing happened to her.Her parents had travelled on an hour's trip and unfortunately a winter storm had held them up.They weren't supposed to be on the road till the storm ended. Although,they were supposed to return earlier than that.
Her video game cable had been destroyed strangely and most of her books were nowhere to be found.She found it hard as she didn't find anything to while away her time,except the stupid TV with boring channels.The heavy storm started the day before and it seemed as though it would never stop.It raged on and on and she expected that her parents wouldn't come anytime soon.
She began to see the shadows which only seemed to exist in her thoughts.The shadows that haunted her in her thoughts were her fears which never came to reality.The next few days were terrible for her as she would wake up with the vivid memories of reoccurrent nightmares while she could hear voices in her head.She almost went berserk and was getting delusional with sucidal thoughts when she was making salad and she cut her hand, mistakenly although anyone would blame her for not paying attention to what she was doing.
Screaming at the strange shadows that tortured her every second,she would throw things at the stalking shadows and run to her room and the next second screaming at the horrid shadows and demons that occupied the once homely space of her room, torturing her everywhere she went.
She had thought that the incidents were purely coincidental,since exactly what had happened in the book was happening in her personal life, immediately she finished reading the book.But she realized that she had crossed the Rubicon when she had thrown a mug cup at the shadow that stood by her glass window.
The glass shattered into many tiny pieces while one large piece of broken glass had found it way to her chest, piercing it with the force she had never expected.She vividly remembered when the main fictional character in the book had angrily used the remote control to smash the TV in anger when it stopped working during the time the news of the blocked road was broadcast.
And a broken piece of glass had found it's way to her slender soft throat choking her as she gurgled in pain before slumping to her death.And after the fictional character was dead,the same shadows that tortured her left, never to return again, and the road which was blocked was cleared for the drivers to use.
Julia slowly walked away from the broken glass window with blood staining her chest and she fell on the floor about to give her last breath.Now she remembered the name of the fictional character in the mystery horror book.It was Julia.She was Julia.