𝟎𝟔𝟓, no more!

CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE !

When estella woke up, the first thing she did was stand up and look out of the window. daryl was already up and at it somewhere. she wasn't sure where, but it didn't really matter. she knew that it was okay for him to wander off now, just like it was in alexandria. however, she still didn't like the idea of being all alone. being alone just did something to her. it gave her more time to think of the things she had done.

like ask negan to finish glenn off. there wasn't a minute of the day when estella didn't think about screaming at negan to just finish him off. though she had hugged maggie, and maggie had smiled at her, she still felt guilty. she still felt like maggie hated her. she still felt like she could've done a things differently. she hated the big, lingering thought in her head that she killed glenn rhee.

she saw daryl over by the gate, so she quickly slipped on her boots and walked towards him. just like she thought, her body felt a whole lot better after some food, water, and a nights sleep in a bed rather than the floor. her rib still hurt, obviously, but the rest of her bones didn't. it didn't make her feel like death every time she took one step. she was on the road to recovery.

"good morning." she said to him with a little smile.

"mornin', esty. ya doin' okay?" he asked, she nodded.

"yeah. are you?" she asked.

"yeah, i'm all right." he replied, ruffling her hair.

she looked over to the gate after hearing maggie shout and enid. she furrowed her eyebrows as she watched from behind the wall. daryl gave her a reassuring smile as the gates started opening. she trembled a little bit. she couldn't help but think that it was the saviours. what would happen if they came back? they'd take her back. they'd take daryl back. they'd take liv back. they'd possibly even kill liv for betraying them.

daryl pulled estella behind something, in case they needed to run and hide, just in case it was the saviours. the last thing daryl wanted to do was go back to the sanctuary especially with estella. maggie stood in front of the gates, and estella watched as people began to come through.

it was rick, carl, rosita, michonne, and tara. daryl put a hand on her shoulder to stop her from running toward them without warning, just in case there was somebody there that they didn't know about. like negan, or any other saviour.

when they were sure there wasn't any saviours, they walked out with jesus behind them. rick looked at them in disbelief. he had no idea that they'd gotten out.