𝟎𝟒𝟖, del arno foods!

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT !

It had been two days since daryl, aaron and estella left alexandria. they were still walking, trying to find people. they were hopping in the car and on the bike sometimes, but most of the time it was walking. estella didn't mind. she was happy to get out of alexandria. despite all the weird, scary stuff they were finding on the way, she felt normal again.

"uhhhh... i-spy with my little eye, something beginning with C." estella said, aaron put a finger to his chin as he thought.

"crossbow?" he asked.

"nope. try again." she said as he looked around.

"ah! creek." he said, spotting the water.

"yup." she nodded, he smiled.

the two had been playing that game for at least fifteen minutes, and it never seemed to get more amusing, just more irritating to daryl who had to listen to them go back and forth.

with the bodies they'd been finding, clearly killed by humans and not walkers, daryl's body was filled with regret. he knew he shouldn't have let estella come with. he should've told her to stay at home and let her cry. it would hurt him to see, but it would hurt him more to see her get brutally murdered by one or possibly more of the sickos that were out in the woods.

if he left her back at alexandria, she'd be safe whilst he was out. inside the walls. safe. out here, she was at risk every second. they all were, but he cared about estella more than he cared about anybody else.

"somebody came through here a while ago." daryl said, seeing the tracks in the mud as they hopped over the creek.

"if we see them, we hang back, set up the mic, watch and listen." aaron replied, keeping close.

"for how long?" he asked.

"until we know." aaron answered. "we have to know."

"you've sent people away?" daryl asked.

"yeah."

"what happened?" he asked again, hopping over something else. estella followed behind them.

"it was early on. it was three people. two men and a woman. davidson was their leader. smart as hell, strong. i thought they'd work out. they didn't. i brought them in, and i had to see them out. so me, aiden, and nicholas, we drove them out far, gave them a days worth of food and water and left them." aaron told.