032. missing tears!

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO !

IT WAS DARK AND scary in the woods. it was estella's first night alone since the night that daryl found her in her home and brought her to the farm. there was nothing left of the prison. she couldn't find anyone. she was all alone again.

she was with oliver for a little bit until they got separated by a heap of walkers. now, she was up high in a tree, cold and scared with just her crossbow on her back as she tried to stay quiet so she wouldn't attract walkers and accidentally get herself killed. that was the last thing she wanted to happen.

she wanted to find daryl. she was scared without him. she just wanted him to tell her it would all be okay like he usually did. but he wasn't there. she had no idea where he was, or if he was even alive. she had absolutely no clue.

she laid her head back onto the branch, and closed her eyes. the stars were above her, and those gave her some comfort. even in the end of the world, the stars still shined brightly like nothing was wrong. she was sure that if daryl was alive, he would be looking at the same stars as her.

she found extreme comfort in that.

when she next opened her eyes, she didn't even realise that she fell asleep. it was light out, now. the sun was still shining in the sky. she knew she had to move. she got up as her stomach growled, and climbed down from the tree, grabbing her purple backpack in the process.

she killed two walkers in the woods on her way to god knows where. she didn't know what to do or where to go. she was inexperienced in this field.

"hey." she heard a voice behind her, making her quickly snap out of her trance and turn around, holding up her crossbow.

there stood a girl, her hands up in surrender. she was clearly a teenager. she had brown straight hair, messy, but estella could tell it was straight. it went just below her shoulder. she had porcelain, clear skin with just a couple splotches of dirt here and there. she wore a grey zip up hoodie with a white t-shirt underneath with some grey sweatpants and boots.

"it's okay, i'm not gonna hurt you." the girl said, taking a small step closer. "you're awful young, are you out here alone?"

"don't come any closer." estella warned, the grip on her cross now becoming tighter as she held it close to her.

"okay, all right." the girl said.

"where are you from?" estella asked her.