It was very uncomfortable for Harper to sleep on the couch with their three year old laying on top of her.

By the time that Yoongi woke up for the day and found them, Harper's muscles were sore and she was cranky.

She wasn't upset with Onyx or Yoongi and didn't make them feel that way. But she was definitely visibly uncomfortable during their morning. She complained of a headache until she finally took some ibuprofen.

Onyx was as chipper as ever as the night before hadn't happened at all. After they dropped him off to Harper's parents, Yoongi told her that she should have woken him up.

She told him that there was no point in both of them being sleepy and she hadn't expected to end up sleeping on the couch. She told him that she was fine.

And then they got to work and discovered the absolute chaos they'd walked into. Hence the back to back meetings and mental burnout.

When the couple went to retrieve their son from the Taylors, they were told to get some rest. The exhaustion and frustration in them was obvious, no matter how much Harper tried to mask it.

She wanted nothing but to be close to her husband when they got back home. He noticed the way that she became more affectionate than she already is. Wanting to be held in his arms while they watched television. Hugged to his torso while they made dinner. Right up under him when they got into bed for the night.

This ended their night in lovemaking which, in turn, put them both to sleep. It's what they needed, honestly. Time to really sleep. Time to reconnect, time to be with one another.

They love their son, of course. But sometimes, they need that time for each other as well.

With a silent yawn, Yoongi pushes his unruly hair back. He smiles faintly as his wife's eyes move under her lids; a sign that she's dreaming.

He wonders what about.

Does she dream about their wedding day like he does? Does she dream about things they've talked about but have yet to execute? Does she dream about odd things like being alone in canoes on water that she'd never step foot in?

Or does she dream about simple things?

Like having picnics with him and Onyx in their backyard. Building snowmen while Onyx draws in the snow with sticks. Having cocoa on a rainy day while Popeye plays in the playground.

He's sure whatever that she's dreaming about incorporates their son somehow. They often do.

Yoongi admires Harper as her eyebrows twitch. Her lips part as she drags in a breath. She doesn't wake up, though. He can't decide whether he's relieved or a little disappointed by this.

He wants her to get her rest but he misses her. Even though it's only been nine hours since they were awake together.

He plants a kiss on her cheekbone before getting out of the bed. A chill runs through him at the cool morning air. He stretches his arms and legs before shivering a little. He walks to the bathroom and sighs as he relieves himself.

Yoongi's happy that they have today off. He wants to spend time with his wife and feel that that aspect has been lacking a bit lately.

Between work, Harper's promotion and learning Onyx's new patterns, there's been a lot of things going on.

So today, they've decided that it would be just for them. Whatever they want to do, they'll do it.