#twenty-three#

"How was the Sesame Street event? I haven't seen you since before then

"How was the Sesame Street event? I haven't seen you since before then."

"It was good." Yoongi answers Taehyung as they walk down the hall.

"The turnout was really nice as always. Onyx got a little overstimulated though, so Harper had to take him somewhere quiet to calm him."

"In the theatre?" Taehyung tilts his head.

"Uuhh." Yoongi tilts his head as he thinks. "No. Had to be after that. He was fine in the theatre when the show started. He did get a little fussy so Harper checked his diaper and went to change him. That's when it happened, I think."

"Oohh, I see. Could it have been that he was tired?"

"Highly unlikely. He had just woken up from a nap when they got there. He wasn't really showing signs of being tired either. I think he just has to be weened into it."

Taehyung nods as they walk into the employee lounge. He thinks that it's a great idea. It was only recently that he's adjusted to his home without crying so much. It'll take a little more time to adjust to the public.

The men grab their lunches and warm them in the microwave before taking their seats at the table. They're joined shortly after by Hailey and Kyra.

Hailey takes her spinach and romaine salad from the fridge and grabs a fork before sitting down.

"Good morning, Nurse Hailey." Taehyung greets with a warm smile.

"Good morning, Doc." She smiles back at him. He winks at her as she opens her salad dressing, making her cheeks warm as she averts her eyes.

They'd just seen each other a few hours prior. Their first 'good morning' greetings have already been said. But for the sake of their privacy, - and Taehyung's teasing- they're being said again.

"Good morning, Yoongi." Hailey greets.

"Good morning, Hailey. How are you today?"

"I'm good. It's a really good day." She smiles. "How are you today?"

"Good. A little tired but I'll get through it." He holds up the can of Red Bull that he purchased on his way to work.

"Long night?"

"Meh." He shrugs as he takes a bite of his food. "Yes and no." He speaks as he covers his mouth.

They wait for him to finish chewing before he starts speaking again.

"I was up for an hour or two later than I would have usually been. But it's okay." He waves it off. "I'm not complaining."

He and Harper spent some time talking again after she finished her shift at work. The conversation flowed casually and it didn't feel like either of them had to force it.

That, in itself, should have been the warning that they'd be up later than expected. Especially with Onyx sleeping so peacefully with Jewel laid against him.