#twelve#

Yoongi walks into work with a cup of coffee and two breakfast sandwiches

Yoongi walks into work with a cup of coffee and two breakfast sandwiches. Despite having woken up at six o'clock in the morning, he feels very well rested. His body still feels a little sore but of course three days of rest won't fix several months of that.

It feels as if it's been going on for years with the way that he's pained sometimes but it's been eight months. Eight months of a full schedule, back to back shifts and overtime. Whether that overtime be for emergency department shifts picked up or call-ins, he's been there almost as much as he's been on his actual floor.

A constant means to keep himself busy, he needs. Without it, his mind runs rampant or the silence becomes too loud. Neither of those options feel like good ones to him.

"Good morning, Yoongi."

He doesn't look at Kyla as he steps into the elevator. He pushes his floor then looks at the elevator doors as they close instead.

"Morning, Nurse Trent."

"You could just call me Kyra like everyone else. We're not on the clock."

"No, thank you."

She looks at the side of his face before sighing through her nose. She's almost getting tired of seeing him here so often. Not in a literal sense but it's like he never has any time for any outside activities. He has no life outside of this job. He's made it his one and only priority.

Kyra wonders if he'll work himself until the day that he dies or if he'll actually find the time to live his life one day. A rhetorical thought. She knows that Yoongi puts his job before any and everything. It'd be a miracle if anyone could get him away from it.

The elevator dings and Yoongi steps off first, freeing himself from the tension in the small boxed area.

He walks down the hall and to his office, greeting people on the way. Taking his keys out to open the door, he transfers his coffee to the same hand that he's holding his work bag in. He opens the door and walk inside, setting his keys and coffee down before getting his laptop out and tablet out.

As he takes his coat off, he checks the time on his wristwatch before taking it off and putting it into the top drawer of his desk. The alarm on his phone goes off just as a knock on his door is heard.

Yoongi turns to look and finds the nurse that will be attending the surgery this morning.

"Good morning, Dr. Min. How are you today?" The man asks.

"I'm well, Nurse James. How are you?"

"Good, good. How were your days off? I hope you got some sleep." The curly haired man says optimistically.

Yoongi chuckles and nods as he sits at the desk and takes a sip of his coffee. He feels the rich taste of it on his tongue before swallowing. If he wasn't awake before, he definitely is now.