RIO

"What's up?" was the first words Rome greeted Han with as soon as we got back and he was holding the pink underwear I just wore with bare hands. "I thought you was more of a thong man." He looked at us back and forth before I rolled my eyes and grabbed the blue light from Tej's messy workspace.

"We got the print." Han said, glancing at me like I was gonna fall again but I pursed my lips and opened the light, shining it at the back end portion and seeing Reyes' palm print shine brightly, making me irritably ill.

"Okay, that's crazy." Rome quipped, looking at me.

"So, did he just slap that ass or did he grab and hold on to it?" Tej and Rome laughed amusingly and we just let out a loud sigh at the same time.

"You kiss Suki with that mouth?" I rolled my eyes as Han handed it over carefully. 

"Hey, this will work. I'm impressed." He looked at me rather apologetically for which I merely nodded as my feet began walking away. I need a cigarette, and I need it now.

"You good?" Han murmured, not noticing he followed me towards the Nissan where I placed my pack on top of the car and leaned back to light it. As usual, he was munching on something while wearing that ever-so-cool demeanor.

"A little unhinged but I'll get by." I think. "I'm good, Han." Smoke blew right out of my mouth after the unbelievable lie.

"Guys! Guys, we have a problem." Spoke too soon. "The whole team just got burnt. Now we're all wanted." All of us hurried out front to find our faces displayed on the screen, next to a wanted sign, and I thought I saw the last of that bold sign so many years ago. Looking at it right at the top of my picture back when I was a god-fearing woman felt incredulously weird. "US Diplomatic Security Service issued the warrants. Agent L. Hobbs."

Brian and I glanced at each other at the same time at the name of a certain mutual friend. "Hold on a sec." He muttered, clicking over the man's headshot and showing it to Dom. "Hey, Dom. Is that the guy you saw in the favela?"

"Yeah." Dom nodded grimly. 

"Hobbs is the leader of the elite task force for the DSS." It rang blood-red warning bells.

"So he's good." Tej said.

"When the FBI wants to find somebody, that's who they call. Because he never misses his mark. This guy is Old Testament. Blood, bullets, wrath of God. That's his style."

"Horrible temper, too. Add that to his long list of insanity." I scoffed, knowing him and knowing what he does makes me physically ill.

"And right now he's hunting us?" Words I would never think I'd see the day of, getting me all stressed out as I took three consecutive drags to calm me down.

"Dom, we got to move up our timeline." Han said.

"Yeah, but how? This thing's already been difficult without Wyatt Earp on our asses. If anything, we need more room to breathe." Rome added as we look at Dom for answers, waiting for the next spontaneous step.

"Roman's right. I think we need to get some fresh air."

"It's seconds in before Hobbs come here with ten semi-auto, one each for every muscle, you got any last words?" I said, walking over to the Nissan where Han was leaning right by already chuckling, here in the middle of Rio's scene, waiting for the man I didn't really fancy seeing face to face again. I handed him our third beer of the night while we watch Tej and Rome try to make professional business deals with the local racers. They were really good at talking people into doing illegal things.