INTEL

"Hey, red." 3 cigarettes and a sleepless night after, I walked out of our quarters and heard Dom call me just as I was preparing for the rest of the day. I see him bob his head at the side where I followed suit, leaning on a bar and watching him act unsure—it made me a little nervous. "I need you for intel."

"Of course." I said, sighing in relief when I initially thought he'd be asking me to shoot someone or something. "What do I gotta do?"

"Mia scored a blueprint of the building, but we have to make sure Reyes or his men won't step in while we try to get inside and see what we're dealing with." I nodded, plotting ways to do that. "But you can't go alone." My brows furrowed, "Take anyone, but just don't go alone."

"Since when did you start worrying so much, dad?" I replied sarcastically.

He didn't say anything more but I was starting to think he's worried because of what happened to Letty. Somehow, he's all the same and yet entirely different even if he doesn't show much. Suddenly, I caught whiff of desperation to get this job right, and to finally live right.

We gathered at the table when Mia called, holding a rolled paper and laying it open in the middle, finding it the blueprint Dom was talking about. "The beauty of public offices? Public records." I see why Dom needed the intel. The place was maxed out with turns and ends, I can't imagine how else we're going to get in without raising much trouble.

"This is where he's keeping the money. The vault in the evidence room."

"Uh, yeah. Can I get everyone's attention, right here, for a second? We're talking about breaking into a police station. Is anyone listening to those words? Anybody? Popo? Five-O. One-time. Pigs. People we don't like." Tej said, making me chuckle while I stood beside him.

"You know, police stations are designed to keep people in, not out." Han said, his arms crossed while wearing a familiar frown, the one that says he also disliked the idea of getting in the last place we want to ever find ourselves in.

"That's why it's a stealth mission. We will be in and out before they even know we were there." Brian said.

"Red will make sure Reyes' men won't be anywhere near when we make our move." Dom said that I nodded.

"I'm comin' with." I fucking knew it.

Dom glanced at me, amused and glad with himself while my entire body was burning the minute Han volunteered, without even looking, without even the slightest hesitation. "Well, we also need to get eyes in there. At least to find out the make and model of that vault."

"So the vault and then... It's crazy. Who's supposed to do all this?" Pearce said, as if his name wasn't practically written in the paper.

"You better start shopping for nice clothes." I muttered, trying to release the tension building up in my head.

"What do you mean? Why me?" He looked at me, and then at everyone looking back at him.

"'Cause you got the biggest mouth."

"That's for damn sure."

Intel work is easy.

You make phone calls, call in favors, and sit pretty while you make people work it out for you. In my case, I was a little long way from connection but it was doable for double a favor, and a few pretty pleases while I sit in the car and wait for the location. What's hard is—sitting next to a guy I thought I've made my peace with the minute I decided to walk away. He was eating burgers, never a single mind in the world while I was using my sweet voice to call people and find out where I was going to drive us next.