BEACH

"Hey, red? Violet. Wake up. We're here." My eyes fluttered, adjusting to the sight in front of me where I first saw a wide horizon, yellow, orange, and blue. I stood up, realizing then that what he meant by we're almost there was a bit of misjudgment. It was noon, the sun was setting, and we're parked right in front of the empty beach. I looked at him, absolutely floored at the sight of the beach and the white sands, and everything unreal in between. "Shall we?"

I turned to the door and left my shoes inside the car, going barefoot where the warm rough pieces of sand went everywhere on my feet and toes. It's been so long since I went to the beach, been so long since serenity was just arms reach. But it was cut short when I heard Han slamming the back of the car, the man was grinning ear to ear as he held two packs of beers. "When did you have the time to pick up alcohol?"

"I passed by a guy comin' back home with a few. Cost an arm and a leg but what the hell, right?" I rolled my eyes, amused and a little pissed I was out like a light for that. He never knew how to bargain, not when there's money to spend on his hands. 

Classic Han.

"You're gonna go broke one of these days, Han. I truly believe that." Han laughed as I followed him near the shore where he found us a spot under a sloping tree and dug a small hole to hold his beers upright. He popped two cans off and handed the other to me while I stood and admired a view you can't see everywhere.

"I have more than enough. What's a few bucks for a night like this?" He raised his beer over, as did I, and drank it until the last drop. Wanting to savor the way the sun hits the sea just right. Making it look like a warm, familiar painting. Reminding me of home. Of the good. Of the things I've wished for.

It didn't take long for me to take off the rest of my clothes, never minding the man with me as he'd probably seen every inch. Leaving my underwear on, I ran to the edge of the water and from there, submerged myself underneath until I was far enough for my feet to not reach the ground. And it was like cloud nine. Floating, letting the waves take me where it wants to, where I needed to. Thinking of nothing. Worrying about nothing. Being nothing for just a moment.

What the fuck?!

I opened my eyes underneath, still holding my breath, and widened my eyes at the sight of the man pulling my feet while grinning his ass off underwater. He wore nothing but a boxer on him as he successfully pulled me from my little bubble, and upwards where I caught my breath and splashed water right at his face. "You're so incredibly annoying, Han!"

"Oh, yeah?" He taunted, and I attempted to dive away, Han caught my shoulder, pulled me underneath, and held my hands under where the dark has already been forming slowly, and the sun was nearly out of sight. He bobbed his head as if he knew a spot, and I reluctantly followed, knowing he's far from stopping whenever he gets a damn idea in his damn head.

I raised my head for a bit, catching some air when I saw that we're a little farther from where we set up our things, and near a body of large rocks. Forming a cave just enough to be hidden from the world and yet with a clear view of the stars and skies slowly visible as the night enveloped us. Han was right beside me while I was still stuck in awe. Never realizing how great and big the world is outside of struggles and life and cars.

I climbed over a rock nearby to sit and watch however long the stars last. Knowing times like these are hard to come by. Not when you're always running, one place after the other. It felt like I was involuntarily traveling the world, only I was on a mission to settle to a place where no one knows me, what I've done, and most of all, what I feel.

"I left because I need to be good enough for you."

Wait, "What?" Han Lue shrugged his goddamn ass off while I was befuddled as hell at his sudden statement. "What—"