Chapter 23 - Beach Episode!

(This Chapter is dedicated to RTC from our discord server. Happy Birthday! And sorry I posted so late in the day you can read it tomorrow too!)

They were exhausted. All the tents they weren't using were put away, and all of their own personal stuff was cleaned up, and everything was near the edge of the clearing closer to the buses (they were too tired to bring them all the way over, sue them) and They. Were. Tired.

It made no sense that some of them could still walk around, much less that some of them still wanted to go to the lake in this condition, but the yawning hermits ready to retire for the day weren't coherent enough to argue, nor had the energy to try. Plus, insanity was not a new concept among the class. That had already been thoroughly proven.

"Your loss." Doc simply said to the Hermits retiring for the day, slinging a towel over his shoulder. "I'm going to- how do you say- catch some waves?"

"It's a lake, Doc." Mumbo reasoned. "There will be very few waves."

"All the easier to catch them dude." Ren chuckled, picking up his rolled up towel and flipping his sunglasses down. Doc stiffened slightly, but Ren tried to ignore it. He was probably just a little annoyed he didn't have coffee nor any sleep. Some cold water waking him up would get him awake and back to normal!

"Have fun you weirdo's." False waved, before sleepily walking back to her tent.

---

"Y'know, I'm actually too tired to feel guilty anymore." Beef said, starting to pull up the blankets.

"Yeah?" Etho prompted, trying not to yawn too much. Despite being insanely bone-deep exhausted, he still wanted his mind to stay up a little longer to think.

"Yeah." Beef repeated. "I mean, I'll probably feel bad again in the morning, but right now, like, everyone's safe I guess."

"Yeah." Was all Etho could think to say.

Rustling fabric filled the silence as both of them adjusted their sleeping bag and blankets to get as comfortable as they could.

"I think I'm guilty and tired." Etho said once they had pretty much settled down. Beef was already closing his eyes, just waiting for his body to take the hint to fall asleep.

"Oh?"

"Bdubs is hurt." Etho said.

"And Keralis must be so tired." Beef added.

Beef yawned, and Etho was starting to feel the exhaustion weight on him even more.

"Do you think they hate us?" Etho whispered.

"I think they're too tired to hate us." Beef said, starting to mumble more.

That didn't really help Etho's thoughts, but he hummed anyway.

"Will they hate us in the morning?" Etho asked.

"Nah." Beef said, he sounded half asleep. "They're too nice."

"Ok."

Beef fell asleep almost instantly after, while Etho laid for a little longer, hands behind his head as he started the roof of the tent. It was darker than he expected it to be inside, which was nice, but they didn't have blankets on the top to make it perfect. His brain was too swirl-y to form coherent thoughts, but before he fell asleep, he probably wondered how he could make it up to them eventually. Something like that.

---

"Hey Stress," Cleo waved, looking even more exhausted than before. She had changed into pjs and her hair was combed and in a low ponytail, and she looked a lot more comfortable than before.