Chapter 22 - Clean up, clean up everybody- OW

"So," Xisuma started, getting the attention of all of the rule breakers who were gathered up.

"Here we go dude." Iskall mumbled, shifting from foot to foot.

"Whatever happens, we kinda deserve it." Tango whispered.

"I'm just glad 'ey're both ok." Stress mumbled.

"So." Xisuma said a little louder, getting all of the chatter to stop immediately. "Because of your expedition, you all get a special job."

Everyone seemed uneasy at the wording, but no one said anything, letting Xisuma continue agonizingly slowly to rub it in. they deserved it, but it was still a little cruel.

"You seemed so good at organizing yourselves the first time during your adventure, that I'm going to let you organize yourselves again to pack up all of the tents while we go to the lake." He announced.

Cleaning up tents wasn't too horrible, besides the fact that all of them were near falling asleep standing up, making the task way harder.

"You can leave a few tents out to sleep yourselves when you're done, or join the rest of us at the lake. I'll have the Hermits pack up their personal belongings before we leave, so it's easier for you to move everything to the bus." X finished.

"Clean up duty?" Ren groaned, slouching his shoulders.

"Would you rather get detention for the next month or get phone calls home?"

"Nah dude I'm good! I'm good!" Ren instantly back tracked, waving his hands in front of him.

"Good."

Scar gasped silently, turning behind the tent he was near so they didn't notice him. They were going to pack up all of the tents while he was with everyone else, and that meant they might find Jellie.

He was going to get in so much trouble if everyone found her, and she could get spooked by everyone freaking out and-

Scar shook his head, clearing his negative thoughts, and peeked back inside the sliver of his tent still open, seeing her peacefully curled up on his sleeping bag.

"Ok.." He whispered. "I'll just take her with me then."

"Scar?" Someone tapped his shoulder, and he whipped around, heart racing.

"Ack! You scared me G!" He chuckled out, trying to calm down and act normal.

"Sorry Scar," Grian cleared his throat. "X just told us to get everyone to gather 'round the campfire."

"Oh why thank you for telling me!" Scar said, ignoring the sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Why were you looking in your tent like...?" Grian trailed off, trying to lazily peek over Scar's shoulder. He seemed way more tired than he had when he talked to Scar earlier, and although Scar felt sorry for him, it was also relieving that he wasn't totally present.

"Oh I was just making sure I had everything for the beach day!" Scar answered a little too quickly.

"How did you know-?"

"Rumors are spreading." Scar cut him off. "Wanna walk to the fire together?"

Grian, very clearly sleep deprived, nodded his head slowly, seemingly already forgetting half of the conversation.

"Great!" Scar grinned, quickly zipping up the rest of the tent, before grabbing Grian's arm to tug him away from it. He would just have to get Jellie in his backpack before they went to the lake, and he had plenty of time for that! Keeping Grian and anyone else away from his tent until then, though, was the slight issue.