#SCAMMING (IMPORTANT! PLZ READ!!!!!)

Tip #4: The best feelings to inspire/feature in a monologue are: sadness (see #BULLYING), sentimentality (see pretty much any hashtag), mock sadness/anger (see #SPOTTEDLEAFDIED), and anger (wait for it...)

...

(takes deep breath)

I GOT SCAMMED FOUR TIMES ON AJ WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SYSTEM WHY IS THIS HAPPENING THEY TOOK MY RARE BOW MY BOW MY FOX HAT TWO WORNS A RARE LEI RARE SCARY WINGS AND SO MUCH OTHER THINGS!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! WHY CAN'T ANYONE TRADE ANYMORE??????!!!!!!! WHY????????!!!!!!!!! 

(fumes coming out of ears)

This is an anger monologue! No sympathy whatsoever!

Guide:

Do you report if...

A "true" party is being hosted?

Someone is attempting trades for something cheap and easy to get?

Someone scams you?

Someone else is scammed?

Someone is hosting a "free giveaway?" (yeah, and hedgehogs fly...)

Someone "gifts back" for a gift?

"The best trade gets a(n) _____" when the item offered is cheap and easy to get?

Someone asks you or someone else (who doesn't know you/them) to "borrow" an item?

If you answered no to any of these questions, then you are supporting scammers. (but if someone is scammed and you didn't witness it, I don't blame you. you never know if they were lying or not.)

Trust me. I have made these stupid mistakes. Do not follow in my footsteps!!! DON'T TRADE IF YOU ARE AT RISK OF A SCAM!!

Also, don't let anyone "borrow" your items. I did that. Twice. I guess I didn't learn my lesson the first time... The first time, I lost my worn. The second time was with someone I knew, and their account was hacked. I seriously need to learn to say no...

My first experience was a trading attempt to get an outfit. Now, by this point I knew what scamming was, but I didn't exactly know how to avoid it. "Why is this even an issue?" I once said. "Why don't they just decline?" I once said. I got my answer the hard way. He ran off with my rare silver bow, rare blue fox hat, rare blue lei, and rare scary wings.

"True" parties. Parties where you trade each other for fakes. Happened to me. Ran away with my bow and a few other things and left me with a Golden Egyptian Scarab. I didn't know what the party was. Someone traded me and I accepted. They told me you had to decline, so I apologized and traded back. Assuming that he knew I was trustworthy so he wouldn't have to worry, I got comfortable and traded him my precious items. After the first three trades of declining, I traded him a fourth time. Right before I pushed the "trade" button after selecting my items, I saw his speech bubble with something that sounded suspicious. I didn't notice it until it was too late. I don't even remember how many things I traded.  I just remember the feeling of emptiness spreading up my spine when he took off with my bow. Ironically, this was the same person who had scammed me the first time for my rare gray bow, rare lei, light blue fox hat, and rare scary wings with the "trade me and you get my outfit!" incident.

"Free giveaways." When someone says "trade me and whoever is the best gets it." Don't believe their stories. My most recent giveaway was with someone who claimed to be 17, leaving aj, and having a ton of diamonds, tickets, and gems. (honestly, I did have more. no kidding.) He also told us to buddy him so we'd know he wouldn't betray us. But I still hadn't learned my lesson from my past four scams. Boy, did I get lucky. I decided to start off small, starting with items that I didn't care about, then items that I had multiple of, then items that were past rare item Mondays, then the items that I was close to, and finally my items that took FOREVER for me to obtain/get back. A bunny got scammed for some phantom armor and a rare scary cat hat, and the boy logged off.

I do get that some are actually giveaways. I got socks from a free giveaway once :D. Sometimes, it isn't free, but it is sometimes fair. For example, sometimes they'll tell you to put your best items on your trade list, and whoever's is best wins. Honestly, I do get that. But when it isn't fair, report, warn everyone of the danger of a scam, and leave the party.

Now, I still have my scarab from my very last scam (hopefully). I have it in every single den that I own. It sits there, in my den, as a reminder of he danger of scamming. You may think, "A teenager is too old for this. Why are you obsessing over this?!" Well, I'll say to you what I've always wanted to say to everyone who judges me.

I have lived almost six years as a loner in school because no one wants to sit with me. I play my ocarina every day at lunch because no one wants to talk to me. I sing at school every day because it gives me hope and a reminds me that someone does love me and wants me to come home (see #PRIESTHOOD or #AWESOMENESS). When you meet someone for the first time, you want to impress them, you don't want to offend them. But when you get to know the real side of them, you start thinking it fine to make fun of them. But what if that person were to go out and kill themselves for what you did to them? How would you feel? Which is why I like AJ. Number one, I like collecting items. It's kind of fun to show off :D. Number two, and more importantly, these people don't know me. They can only judge me by my item stock, the fact that I'm non-member, and the way I act. They can't judge me because of my buck teeth or how badly my teeth are crooked. They can't judge me because of my messy hair (it's not that messy, I promise). They judge me for who I am. And I can talk to them civilly  without having to worry about what will happen after they get to know me.

But we're getting off topic (which happens in every monologue I write, if you haven't noticed). Stop scamming. And don't make the same mistakes I have. It's not worth it.

 Sometimes you never know how badly you love something until you lose it.