#GAMERS

"YOU'VE MET WITH A TERRIBLE FATE, HAVEN'T YOU?" ~~ Happy Mask Salesman

-Update 2.0-

This theory is really floppy. If you want to see another theory that is more improved and makes more sense, be sure to check out Randomize; #Zelda - Link is dead in Majora's Mask.

______________________________________________________________________

This phrase. This one phrase. Haunts you every time you fail to stop Majora.

Some of you might overlook this phrase. Oh, it's cool. Creepy, though. No. It's much more than that.

Game Theory. I may not agree with every single little thing he says (mormonism, don't ask) but there are those few videos that touch my heart (see next monologue). You should know what's coming.

Yes. I believe that Link, the hero of Hyrule, the hero of time, the hero of twilight, the chosen hero, the hero of wind, the hero of legend, the hero of the minish, is in fact DEAD in Majora's Mask. He made a really good point. I mentioned in #BULLYING that I was watching this episode, and they talked about DABDA, the five stages of grief.

The stages are:

Denial (Clock Town)

Anger (Deku Palace)

Bargaining (Goron Village)

Depression (Great Bay)

Acceptance (Stone Tower Temple)

"Heal my sorrows." In Catching Fire, Katniss says that when she stuck her hand in the water after escaping the fog, she felt torturous pain, but also a feeling of release as poison left her body. In Majora's Mask, Darmani III asks you to "heal my sorrows." You then play the song of healing, following a cut scene of him crying because he failed to save his people. His sorrows are then left inside the Goron Mask, which he leaves with you, allowing him to accept his death.

The game leaves you with a cut scene of Link riding off into the woods on Epona. This is another example of him accepting his death. In the Great Bay, you meet a Zora who just wants to save her child, depression.

But some if you may have seen the video where they "prove" that Link is not dead. Well, even if he doesn't know it, MatPat has covered his tracks.

One of the arguments is that even though he fell a long way, they experimented and showed that the deku flowers will always cushion a fall. But IRL, when you fall, your body can't handle that rapid change in speed when you hit the ground.

In a later episode, MatPat explains how the hookshot breaks some of the bones in Link's body. Well, the deku flowers are wrong, too. Just as the hookshot should hurt you, so should the flowers not be able to save you.

Another argument is that Link had a life after Majora's Mask. In Hyrule Historia, it says that "Some theorize...he is actually Link from Ocarina of Time." They said that "Some theorize." They NEVER confirmed it!! This is a piece of evidence that the ghost of the hero is NOT the hero of time. Now, the stalfos also says that they are both blood relatives to the hero. My theory is that this is a ghost of A hero, not THE hero.

-Update-

Ok, after reading Hyrule Historia, I noticed a lot of things like, "The harp that Sheik plays in Ocarina of Time looks like the Goddess Harp from Skyward Sword. Could it be the same one?" This supports a point I will introduce in four paragraphs.

____________________

But how else would he have blood relatives if he died as a child? MatPat said that he believes that Link is in the waiting room of the afterlife. My guess is that he grew up and had a family, but he missed being a kid, especially since he only had seven years of his childhood before he had to risk his life and learn that his mother died. Another reason why he would have to "accept" that nothing lasts forever.

Another argument is that we don't know if Link had any relatives. We don't know if he had any brothers or sisters, or if any of his parents survived the war.

Another theory is that we do not know how old the child link is in Majora's Mask. Back then, they married at quite a young age since no one lived for very long. This means that it is possible for him and Zelda to have children.

To all of my fellow poets/theorists, there's a reason why it's "just a theory." THERE IS NO WRONG INTERPRETATION. Communication is different to everyone, just as no matter how many people may think they have the right answer, it's like a poem. It was meant for YOU to discover what happened. Write your own story. Which leads us back to the monologue.

You've met with a terrible fate. It just sends chills through my arms. I have purposely let the moon fall just to see that quote. It's just so powerful and it makes me realize that it's not just a game.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7669290496/h8E1C5709/

"What makes you a gamer isn't the systems you use, it isn't the genres you play, or even how good you are. What makes you a gamer is that you realize that it's never 'just a game. Because whether it's to save one special person or an entire world, if you want to be the greatest in a match or the greatest of them all, we pour our hearts and souls into what we do. We get back up no matter how many times we're knocked down, and we keep going until we reach our goal. And that passion is what makes us who we are."

I know that my sister, she'll look at this, laugh, and say, "It's true!" but there's more to it than that. I mentioned that the warriors scarred me for life and this is one piece of evidence that it has. This isn't just "true" it's golden. For some of us, what makes us gamers is something that has touched our hearts. "And that passion is what makes us who we are."