#YOURSTORY

Tip #3: If you make a LOT of monologues on one specific topic, that's great. But at least try to find inspiration for other topics.

Everyone has a story. No one, and I mean no one, has a perfect life. Whether it's moving, peer pressure, family troubles, or even just fighting with yourself, everyone has trials. Everyone carries a burden upon their shoulders. And everyone's burden is the same weight. Don't believe me?

Let's get an example. Haven't you ever heard one of those stories where someone got in a terrible accident? Surely their burden is bigger than yours? Nope. In those stories, they tell about them seeing the good in the world. You have smaller problems, but sometimes, you don't react to them quite as well.

"To all of my fellow poets, there's a reason why it's 'just a theory.' THERE IS NO WRONG INTERPRETATION. Communication is different to everyone, just as no matter how many people may think they have the right answer, it's like a poem. It was meant for YOU to discover what happened. Write your own story."

See the hashtag? (quote from #GAMERS)

I have written my own story. Fallen Crumbs, for example. And Stealthheart's Dream and Stealthstar's Memory. You may not think so, but, (SPOILER ALERT!), some events were real-life events. For instance, I loose my...second life I think? I have to check my writing journal again... Anyway I loose a life on the Thunderpath. I have actually been hit by a car in my young age. I loose a life to greencough. (Fifth life, I think...) When I was four, I had a really high fever and almost died. (Oh, great. Now I need to write a monologue about the priesthood, right?)

Anyway, I didn't just write this to tell my story. Then it'd be #MYSTORY instead of #YOURSTORY. This is about you.

Okay, time to reveal my inspiration. My inspiration this time is The Outsiders, by SE Hinton. Why?

"Tell Dally. It was too late to tell Dally. Would he have listened? I doubted it. Suddenly it wasn't only a personal thing to me. I could picture hundreds and hundreds of boys living on the wrong sides of cities, boys with black eyes who jumped at their own shadows. Hundreds of boys who maybe watched sunsets and looked at stars and ached for something better. I could see boys going down under street lights because they were mean and tough and hated the world, and it was too late to tell them that there was still good in it, and they wouldn't believe you if you did. It was too vast a problem to be just a personal thing. There should be some help, someone should tell them before it was too late. Someone should tell their side of the story, and maybe people would understand then and wouldn't be so quick to judge a boy by the amount of hair oil he wore. It was important to me...I sat down and picked up my pen and thought for a minute. Remembering. Remembering a handsome, dark boy with a reckless grin and a hot temper. A tough, tow-headed boy with a cigarette in his mouth and a bitter grin on his hard face. Remembering—- and this time it didn't hurt—- a quiet, defeated-looking sixteen-year-old whose hair needed cutting badly and who had black eyes with a frightened expression to them. One week had taken all three of them. And I decided I could tell people, begin ning with my English teacher. I wondered for a long time how to start that theme, how to start writing about something that was important to me. And I finally began like this: When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home..."

Okay, before I spill out on the monologue, let me explain something first. Everyone is always asking me why I love dark, depressing stories with a sad ending, and why my favorite character is usually the character who dies, (Johnny Tadashi, Spottedleaf, etc). I love all of these books and characters so much because they give me one of those feelings that I can/want to, 1) relate to, 2) write a monologue about, or 3) lock myself away for awhile, lost in thought. After reading so many books with sad endings, I have adapted to be able to sit through it, put myself in the main character's shoes, and dig beneath the surface to find the actual meaning. InThe Outsiders, I am able to survive through the death, anger, swearing, and drugs, because I know that they are essential to the story. If the author were to take away the bad parts, it would ruin the plot, rule out the purpose, and change the entire setting of the book. (If you want to see the fanfiction I wrote for this book, check out Johnny's Memory.)

Anyway, you see how I got the inspiration? Let's go back to the quote. Ponyboy decided to write his story, preserving Johnny and Dally's legacies. Wouldn't you want the world to know who you were?

I offer up a challenge. If you are reading this, I want you to write your own story. Whether it's your own collection of monologues, to a whole biography, write away. No excuses! I'm following my own challenge with you, so there's no excuse.

I'm rewriting Fallen Crumbs! Be sure to check it out when I update!

If you're not comfortable with it, do what I do! Fictionize! Put clues to what happened to your in life! You don't even have to make yourself the narrator! But be sure to at least make you a supporting character.

What's your story? Comment the link so I can check it out!