When you say nothing at all -W.M

Start from the beginning

The loud explosion bursts Wanda just a bit from her daze. She looks around her and quickly starts to panic.

"It's working." Steve says and hits the hinges again, this time they coming undone with just a few more tries.

"Wanda!" Clint tries to get her attention while also helping Steve to move the door.

"Emma?" Wanda mutters confused and looks around again.

"Come on, let's get you out of here." Steve steps closer to her, not having heard her previous question.

"Can you walk?" Clint asks while taking a better look at her.

She had cuts and bruises in many places and looked way beyond tired.

Steve didn't wait for a response and quickly takes her into his arms and starts running out of the room.

"When we're out activate the bombs." He tells Clint.

They both hear Wanda mumble something but it was too quiet for them to catch.

When Steve feels her starting to tremble, he starts running faster than he thought he was able to. He was scared that one of the people he's really grown fond of was in danger.

"Emma?" She asks again, this time loud enough for both of them to hear.

"What?" Clint stops confused before starting to run again. "Who's Emma?" He asks Wanda.

"Emma." She responds tiredly, her eyes taking in everything around them as if searching for someone.

"I'm Steve, Wanda, not Emma." Steve tries to explain to her.

He feels her hold on his suit tightens.

"Emma." She says again.

"Can you say anything else? You're starting to freak me out." Clint tells her.

"Emma." That's the only thing she manages to get out before fainting.

"Do you have any idea as to what was that?" Clint addresses Steve.

"No. I'll ask Friday to have a look at her while we're going back to the compound. She was telling us about that weird smell earlier, maybe it's affecting her head somehow." Steve tried to come up with a good explanation.

Clint nodded even though Captain America couldn't see him.

When they've put enough space between them and the base, Clint clicked one of his arrows and the building started crumbling down.

The whole ride home, while Friday was scanning Wanda to try to identify the substance that she inhaled, Clint piloted the jet with Steve close enough.

The blond man was casting a look at the witch any chance he had. Friday wasn't able to identify yet what was going on with Wanda. They've even told Bruce to be prepared to have a look at the redhead as soon as they're touching down.

"Emma?" Wanda woke up scared, her eyes looking around the jet not being able to settle on anything. "Emma?" She asks again.

"Hey, hey. It's me, Steve, your friend. Do you remember me?" Steve was next to her in an instant.

Something in her eyes told him that she recognized him.

"Emma?" Wanda tries again. She looked so terrified and Steve was wondering if he has ever seen a person looked this petrified before.

"I'm not Emma. Who is Emma?" He tries this approach instead.

"We're touching down in a few minutes." Clint asks from his seat.