They hate each other -W.M

Narrator's POV.

The day started out as normal. Everybody did their own activities which might include training and sparring exercises with their designed partners, had breakfast then did their own thing.

Right now, they were sitting in the living room ready for one of their group activities. It was Steve's idea for them to bond and trust each other. 

He also forced this because in the group there might be two persons who kind of hate each other. 

Those are none other than Emma and Wanda. Ever since Wanda joined the Avengers, they didn't get along. And it looked like no matter what the team was doing, those two would always throw each other glares or scoff when forced to sit next to the other.

They will always have staredown battles where one would try to intimidate the other. It was a common occurrence to see the two sat facing each other and holding intense eye contact. Both with poker faces on, and no words would be said. 

Everybody thinks that because they have very similar powers, they are always trying to outdo the other, to show that they are better. When they are sparring together they are always giving their best to win. So the logical explanation for it is that they can't stand one another. Some would even go as far as saying they hate each other.  

"They are at it again." Bruce said after he settled onto the couch.

The two girls were sitting in armchairs, facing each other. They were yet again in one of their famous staring contests. Their faces were blank of emotions, and they also seemed to be ignorant of what was happening around them. 

Most of the time it takes a lot of tries to try to break the eye contact between them. Like, the team would try everything but they wouldn't even budge. 

"What do you think they are thinking about while doing this?" Tony asked curiously.

"I don't know." Steve shrugged, already used to this.

"Do you think they are talking with each other?" Tony asked yet again. 

"I think they are just trying to intimidate the other." Sam said before jumping on the couch. 

"I would pay good money to find out what is going on inside their heads." Tony muttered. 

"Do you really think those team bondings really help? I mean look at them, they couldn't hate each other more." Bruce said. 

"We will try until it works. In the meantime, we make sure they don't kill each other." Steve sighed. He was tired of this. 

"I don't think they will kill each other." Nat finally said after analyzing the girls. 

"Why do you think that?" Tony asked curiously.

"Because they know that we need both of them, not only one. So they might injury the other, but won't go as far as killing each other." Nat stated.

"That does make sense." Tony sighed. "I really want to know what they are thinking about in those moments." 

To be honest, the team was quite far off with their assumptions.

"And then I said, no dude. There is no way!" Emma exclaimed.

They found long ago a way to project themselves in their own heads. Like, having their own world. And the best part of it was that no one knew about it. And that there can't be a way for them to enter it or find about it.

"No, really?" Wanda matched her excitment.

"Yes, really. He was for sure. I got to pet the pandas." Emma bounced on her toes happily.