Birthday surprise -E.O

As I did last year, when it's close to my birthday, I will post a celebrating chapter for you guys. This is like, my gift for you, I guess.

I got this idea a couple of weeks ago and knew it had to be posted as a birthday gift for you.

Narrator's POV.

"You ready for the party this weekend?" Claire asks Emma as soon as she sees her.

"Heck yeah! I can't wait to have fun while drinking and dancing to some 2000s music." Emma nodded. 

"You know it. I already sent the music list to the DJ. I put a lot of Pitbull, Rihanna, Destiny's Child, Shakira, and a bunch of other artists." Claire says matching Emma's excitement. "All for your birthday party. I can't believe you chose the 2000s as your music theme." 

"Honestly, I put all my ideas in a randomizer app and let it shuffle. This one came on top and I'm not mad with the result." Emma explained.

"That explains it. Anyway, I will come to pick you up since you'll have to drink at your party, and we'll go together to the club we rented." Her friend says.

"Sounds like a plan." Emma approves of the plan, her eyes still on the laptop in front of her.

"What are you doing?" Claire asks and moves next to her so she could see the screen better. 

"Writing an email." She responds still focused on her mission.

"To whom?" Her friend asks confused.

Emma waited to press send before turning her chair around to face her friend fully.

"So, I found a few email addresses of different celebrities." She started but the other woman was quick to interrupt her.

"Don't tell me." But she didn't finish the sentence, instead shook her head.

"Yep. I sent a bunch of invites to the party to them." Emma nodded her head, a proud look on her face. "I always see those clips of celebrities coming to random events they were invited to. Heck, even The Queen of England went to a wedding she was accidentally invited to." She explains her reasoning. "So I said why not send them mails." Emma shrugged. "I only turn 30 once, what do I have to lose?" 

"You got a point there." Claire chuckles. "Who did you send invited to?" She asks curiously.

"A bunch of celebrities. Singers like Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, and Miley Cyrus to actors and actresses such as the whole Marvel cast, Dylan O'Brien, Thimotée Chalamet, and a bunch of others." Emma lists them off.

"That's quite the list." Claire laughs.

"Yeah, but I'm not really expecting any to show up. The most that I'll get is a response from their team saying sorry but they can't attend, but have a happy birthday!" She says. "And if by any chance one of them shows up, well that's going to be a miracle." 

"They have a week to respond anyway." Claire is still laughing at her friend's absurd and crazy idea.

"Yeah. Now let's go back to work. I don't want the crocodile to yell at us for slacking off." Emma says referring to their boss.

The whole office it's calling her that way since she is always wearing some sort of bag that is made from the skin of an animal. Usually, she has bags made from crocodile skin, coats from different animals, and their fur.

It's another reason why Emma hates her so much, but she needs the job. So, until she finds something better, she has to keep her opinions to herself. 

The weekend quickly rolled in so Emma got dressed in one of her suits and waited for her best friend to pick her up.