Ch. 12: The Knight

Start from the beginning

"What the—"

'Easy there buddy, no need to freak out.'

The Master of Chaldea looked towards the person beside him. The man was taller than Fujimaru with dark blue almost black hair. His hair was ruffled but short, barely reaching his ears. The man's eyes were a bright blue hiding behind rectangular black glasses. Fujimaru took a step back from the man.

"Who...?"

"Hello, Fujimaru. We need to talk."

"Who are you?"

The man fisted his hand and put it over his heart before bending over into a bow. "I am Sir Elias Fujimaru-Light."

"...I'm sorry?"

"And then this Elias man helped talked to Ereshkigal to come to our side," Fujimaru explained.

"You do know that I was joking when I said that you should bring her to our side, right?" Jean spoke.

"I think you are missing the point here, love," Diarmuid said, raising an eyebrow towards her.

"What that we only have Gorgon to take care of?"

"No."

"Then what?"

"The fact that some knight showed up out of nowhere and I was the only one who could see him!" Fujimaru spoke up, his frustration from the past mission getting to him. "Then he just-I don't know-like controlled me or whatever. What did you do to me with that spell?"

"I didn't do anything. I just unlocked parts of your magic circuits that were dormant. I've done that spell countless of times with students at the Clocktower. It shouldn't have done anything like that," Jean said, her voice growing a defensive tone.

"Maybe you do not know spells as well as you thought," a sharp glare was thrown to the blonde king.

"Don't make me regret sending Diarmuid to help save your sorry ass," the woman snapped back, slight anger growing in her voice. "I know my spells."

"I told Mr. Fujimaru to tell you as I thought it might be something similar as when you were with Allura," Diarmuid said, putting a hand on the female's shoulder to calm her down. "It seemed like a similar situation."

Jean's eyes widened slightly as she turned to the Lancer, "I thought I was the only one..." she mumbled in disbelief, her body relaxing. "She told me I was the only one."

"Perhaps she was wrong," Diarmuid spoke back in a hushed whisper. "Everyone can be wrong at some point."

"Someone want to tell me what you guys are talking about?" Fujimaru questioned, "I had never seen this man in my life and suddenly he just pops up when Mrs. Jean does this spell?"

Jean glanced at Diarmuid before tunring back to the Master. "Ritsuka," she used his first name, throwing the man off slightly. "You're a Guardian."

Silence filled the throne room, no one making a sound. "...I'm a what?"

"What? Are your ears clogged or something? I said you're a Guardian," Jean said again. "I had initially thought that I was the only one. Do you still have contact with Sir Elias?"

"Yeah, I hear him in my head right now."

Jean nods, "Great. We'll speak more about this later but for now, let's figure out the battle plan."

<><><><><>

Fujimaru followed Jean outside to the training grounds. He was a few steps behind her and his face was twisted in hesitancy. He was greatly confused on what was happening and even more confused on the fact that Mash couldn't come with him. It didn't help that the voice ringing in his head was constantly talking to him. "Mrs. Jean, what exactly is going on?"