XL

"Thank you, Kisaki." You muttered lowly, only enough for him to hear ever so slightly.

He raised an eyebrow. Despite his already flustered impression in his subconscious, he kept his calm demeanor hoping to anyone watching him right now you wouldn't think negatively. You wouldn't do that though, he just took you to an all expenses paid trip to a fucking museum as a first date gift, you wouldn't even have an ounce of pessimistic thoughts about him? Right?

Right.

"I really enjoyed today." You smiled warmly, enough to heat up the breezy afternoon walk. "It's stupid that I acted like a kid in an amusement park, huh?" You coughed, trying to ease the non existent tension you thought was circling you. "No!" He denied, a bit too quickly than anticipated, "No... not at all." He finally answered. "I mean, I didn't mind."

You only smiled as you stared at your intertwined hands swaying ever so slightly along your walk. "Can I tell you something?" He asked, hoping to finally let everything out all at once.

You weren't dense like your brother when it comes to this topic. You knew what was coming. But you had doubted that. Surely, he wouldn't say a word about it.

"I'm a terrible person, Y/n."

Oh.

"I...", He hesitated before sighing, not even daring himself to look at you. A million thoughts swirled around his head as he tried to construct an explanation. A sentence. A phrase. Even just a word. "I've done very... improper things. And I realized that just now." He stopped for a moment, as if it was a mistake to say that.

He stammered, "No– I meant, I, not just now, I realized it before but–" He felt your hands squeezing his, catching his attention mid-sentence. Was it even a sentence in the first place? Never mind that.

To his dismay of not looking at you, his eyes found their way to yours. The look of desperation scattered across your face as if you pitied him. He was sure he deserved that. Or not? He didn't deserve your pity. He didn't deserve anyone's pity.

"I knew– No. I know I'm a terrible person. I force people into playing my games, I put them in collateral danger, I do it to my own satisfaction. I did it for someone, I was sure. Then, everything became confusing..." He didn't know what to say next anymore. His legs were starting to give up, the feeling of numbness surrounded his whole body.

He sighed again, trying to regain composure even if he couldn't seem to. "I'm not saying it's your fault, but you confuse me. A lot." He let go of your hands, and it felt so surreal to him that the warmth he was feeling just seconds ago, was gone in a split second.

Kisaki didn't know what to do anymore. For the first time in his strategically planned 13 years of his so-called life, he was helpless.

"God be damned, but even he couldn't help me!" He laughed wryly. "You came unannounced! You just came... And everything was so unusual. It was like everything I had planned for, ruined itself." He looked so distressed over such a small issue. He crouched on the ground, unsure whether to continue your conversation or to just let you walk away.

He could hear your footsteps coming closer. And just like 5 minutes ago, your hands found his again. Oh, it warmed his heart, how you still stayed for such a person like him who doesn't deserve any mercy.

"Tetta." You breathed out, a whisper that could weigh lighter than a feather. "You look so desperate right now, just so you know." You joked, trying to lighten the mood. Kisaki's heart fluttered, and the warm feeling he had felt for the past 5 months and a half was even warmer now. He had felt like a sanctuary of butterflies was planted in his chest and he didn't know if that made him happier or ever so confused than before.

Tears welled in his eyes, only to be wiped away by his empty hand as he looked away from you. He had never felt so aggravated of himself for needing someone so perfect for him to realize his life was much more than just to make others miserable.

"I'm going to make things right, I swear that. To you." He vowed, as if it was a new year's resolution he had yet to seek through. "Swear that to yourself, asshole." You joked, but you could never mean those revolting words to him. Not anymore.

He had rested his head on your shoulder, and for once in his life, he had finally felt like a heavy burden had been lifted from his weight. He felt you craning your neck to an angle so that it had exposed your neck just a bit, and a peck on his head. "Swear that to yourself." You repeated, finally pulling him up alongside you. "I swear to make things right."

The days after that were as hectic as they could be, Mikey held a meeting, just a few days after New Year's and Kisaki had asked for time just for a short announcement.

"I think that's all." Mikey had ended, about to dismiss the gang only to be stopped by a sudden reminder. "Oh, before I finish. Kisaki? Do you have something to say?"

Eyes all over the young blond sent tingles through his spine as he crept slowly towards the podium of the leader. Hanma should have snickered but he too was feeling intensely nervous. Mutters buzzed in his ear like a fly trying to flutter by.

"What do you think he's going to do?"

"Probably try to take over the gang or something. Bastard."

"We can't let that happen, now can we?"

A particular trio shot their way to his attention and he could hear knuckles cracking as one finished the last sentence. When he reached the top, with Mikey and Draken just a few feet away from where he stood, he took a deep breath. An image of you slipped its way to the back of his mind with that warm yet cocky grin of yours.

"Good evening, everyone. I am Kisaki Tetta, 3rd division captain of the Tokyo Manji Gang." He yelled, enough to make his voice clear but not to make anyone suspicious. Just perhaps to prove a point. "From this day of January 6, 2006 and forward, effective immediately, I will no longer be a part of this gang."

No words fell upon anyone's mouth and out, for they too were shocked as the person next to them. But Mikey stood firm. The younger blond had never mentioned the reason, but he was blessed with enough wisdom to understand social cues; when he wanted to. Surely enough, Mikey respected his decision.

"Mikey–"

"Well, that's one less thorn to take care of." The commander joked as he shoved his right-hand man gently. This only made Baji suspicious. Was Kisaki planning something? Was he going to do something bizzare again? This was hurting his brain more than it should be.

Kisaki bowed and showed an expression of regret. Not for leaving, but for the pain he had only realized came to him at this moment as he looked at everyone's impression of his misdeeds. Perhaps almost most of them were already smart enough to know he had messed up many plans at some point.

Just as he raised his head, he heard footsteps rushing loudly towards where he stood. Before he could comprehend anything, he was being shook by Baji, spurting suspicions here and there. "What are you doing? What are you planning?! I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE!" He yelled, about to throw the younger male off the podium only to be held back by Mitsuya and Draken.

"Woah!" Hanma watched in amusement of the ex-captain getting dragged by two haggard looking leaders. They were tired of his antics, that's for sure. "So, what about the third division?" Mikey asked the young blond who tried to recall his composure. "I'm leaving the decision to you, President." He bowed once again before excusing himself for the final time.

~ ~ ~

The familiar scene of you in that corner he first laid his eyes on, the light of the sunset ever so slightly illuminating the look of your radiance. You looked as stunning, though simple, as the day he saw you.

"So?" You asked, pushing yourself off the wall you were leaning on, you walked towards your lover in a slow pace that he matched until you met with him, finally just two hands holding to be your distance. He held you in a close embrace as he sighed with great satisfaction.

"Finished."