XXVII

December 2, 2005

3:51 p.m.

Shibuya Mizo Middle School

"That's really nice of you, Y/n!" She smiled brightly. Yuma looked perfect since you approached her a while ago. The sun lightly making her radiant face gleam. Her hair in perfect curls lightly moving through the dainty air. You stared at her blankly before turning to Naoto.

"Let's find a different one, Naoto." You told him straight forward which made the two react dumbfoundedly. "They don't mean that. Give us a minute." Naoto laughed nervously, pulling you to a far side of the room from the white haired girl who agreed, smiling, still confused.

"What was that?" He asked. "She's too perfect, Naoto!" You cried. "And?" He continued. "I can't let her be a victim to Kisaki's mischief!" You said, voice cracking in awe as you watched her conversing with another girl. "You're being weird." He commented.

"You're going to ask Kisaki on a blind date and maybe he'll like her. Less obsessively." Naoto recalled, lightly shaking you as he squeezed your shoulders.

You groaned as the male dragged you back to the place Yuma stood as her brightness was to be viewed once more.

"Alright, so who's the guy?" She asked excitedly. "Kisaki Tetta, I'm sure you'll like him. He's very smart and charming." You smiled, showing her a picture you took with Hanma and Kisaki in the movies days before.

"Oh my! He seems grumpy." She giggled. "Are you close?" She asked. "Not really, no." You turned away. "I'll tell you more about him though." You said as she nodded eagerly. "Well I hope to see him soon." She smiled as she waved to leave for a different class. "Bye, Y/n! Bye, Naoto!"

You sighed as she was finally out. "See? That wasn't so bad." Naoto patted your shoulder. "Yumaaa..." You cried silently. "Seriously?"

Now the only challenge was Kisaki. It would be hard to convince him to go on a blind date with someone that's not Hina. On top of that, a stranger. But a good looking stranger! Who wouldn't want that?

"No." Kisaki answered bluntly, turning his head away.

The day after you asked Yuma, you had asked -more like begged- Kisaki to meet up with you. But now, you were sulking arms spread on the cafe table in front of you with Kisaki crossing his arms sitted across you.

"Coooomee Onnnn!" You whined. "I'm not going on a blind date, Y/n." Kisaki repeated firmly. "Give it a try!" You persisted. "And why would I do that?" He asked. You couldn't tell him that it was to stop him from being obsessive towards Hina. "To... get yourself... Out there?" You suggested reluctantly.

Kisaki looked at you, dumbfounded. He watched and listened as you rambled about him giving a random person the chance of showing him what you call "the wonders of love". "For the last time, I'm not going to date a random person. That's final." He glared.

"But I promise you'll like her! Everyone likes her!" You reasoned once again. Kisaki sighed you annoyed him continuously about this Yuna girl. Yuni? Yina? Yana? Whatever her name was. "Give her a chance!" You pleaded.

"She's smart, and kind, and considerate, and just perfect!" You described. "Fine." Kisaki answered. "Oh! Did I mention that she's student council president?" You recalled, ignoring his answer.

"Y/n, I said Yes-"

"She knows how to play the violin and flute. She studies ballet too!"

"Y/n-"

"She also volunteers in ministries for people with disabilities-"

"Yes! Y/n, I said yes! I agreed, alright?" Kisaki interrupted, cupping your face with both hands to stop you from talking. "Really?" You asked, your voice slightly muffled. Kisaki took off his hands and cleared his throat as he sat back down. Adjusting his glasses, he nodded, face slightly flushed.

Perhaps it was because he was going on a date with an angel? That's to be expected after all. Or maybe he just felt embarrassed as you lowered your pride just to get him to agree. Did you send those three other girls weeks before too? That'll be even more embarrassing considering he rejected them.

But why? Of all the perfect girls he's seen, was he really that into Hina? What does she have that they don't? Does he still even like Hina after all the time he's spent with you and learning about you?

"You'll love her I swear!" You vowed. Kisaki muttered something under his breath, doubting the promise. He had his eyes on someone else so why couldn't he just say no? "Next Saturday, alright?" You asked, slinging your shoulder bag back as you prepared to leave.

Kisaki sighed as he watched you struggle to get your bag from the seat. He stood up, untangling the straps from the holes of the chair. "Thanks..." You thanked him, akwardly looking away. "Oh, by the way, I got you this." He remembered, taking a paper bag from the side of the table.

"YOOO! Double tip?!" You exclaimed, examining the pens he got you. "You said you wanted those, right?" He asked, relaxing back onto his seat. "This is a 60 set Arteza Everblend, you son of a bitch. That's like... *¥7000!"

*A/n: The set mentioned costs about ₱3,052.38 or $58.99 exactly, that's ¥7,198.10*

He only smiled thinly as he watched you examine the pack. "No way! I was only joking, you bastard!" You grinned widely, maybe enough to stretch your face for a lifetime. And maybe enough for Kisaki to know he made the right decision.

"You're a monster, how'd you get this?" You asked excitedly. "I have my ways." He shrugged. "And it's for me to know, and for you never to find out." He added smugly. "A. That's mean. B. I don't really care anymore. C. This is amazing!" You squealed.

Kisaki could feel a warm feeling in his chest as you rambled about your future projects. Oh, the joy in your eyes when you opened the package was a sight to see and he wasn't going to get enough of it.

"Thanks, Cornhead!" You turned back to him, still holding a big grin. "Are you ever going to stop calling me that?" He deadpanned. "Nope! Enjoy your date next Saturday!" You waved, skipping away with your belongings.

Kisaki sighed tiredly as he slumped on his seat, closing his eyes as he envisioned your bright smile. He smiled at the thought, still having his eyes closed, not noticing a certain gremlin, slithering his way to the seat once taken by you.

"Ohhh, Is the great Kisaki in love?'' Hanma cooed, placing his chin ontop of his intertwined fingers. Kisaki jolted up at the sudden voice. Flustered by the question at hand. He couldn't seem to open his mouth to answer such a stupid question. Was he inlove? That's idiotic. No one falls in love right away.

Kisaki barely knew anything of you and you of him. All he knew was that you had a knack for arts and that your brother's an absolute jackass. But he seems to be tolerating that jackass when you're around. Why was that? He hated him so much he was willing to kill him if he had the chance, so why bother with You?

Then Kisaki realized, maybe the question IS relevant in his case.

"Yes. I think I am."

Because people who are blinded by love, often do the most irrational things.