XXXIX

Shit.

"Oh, shit." Baji clasped his mouth with his hand, eyes widening as he watched the message that had been sent to you.

A moment of silence was never Baji's forte because when you thought he was speechless about this event of a lifetime, he snorted. "He actually had the balls to ask you out," He finally hollered in laughter.

"What the hell could we be doing in Hakone?" You muttered. Confusion laced your voice although you were slightly upset. What could he be planning now? "Come on, let's get you ready." Baji pulled you up from your bedroom floor, dragging you to your closet.

~ ~ ~

"You looking fly!" Baji winked as he threw finger guns your way, liking the outfit he had picked for you.

It was a bit too... brooding for your taste, but you were glad he had helped you anyway. You were going to ask Mitsuya, but even your pride decided that was a bit too proud.

The black leather jacket he had lent you was complimenting your grey hoodie by contrasting it. The construction boots were a bit too heavy, but the male had convinced you it was for the look so you trusted him.

You gotta admit, the man had a good taste in fashion, better than you expected.

Still wasn't your choice.

"How about you lose the boots and jacket?" Mitsuya suggested, leaning by the door frame of your room with Chifuyu beside him. Baji glared at the vice-captain as he motioned to Mitsuya. "I don't want Y/n to suffer." He muttered, backing away a few inches slowly.

"Suffer?!"

Mitsuya stepped forward and lightly pushed the former captain away from you as he skimmed your closet. "Here, change into this." He said, handing you your long forgotten cardigan that you shoved to the back of your closet since it was too big for you when you got it. As well as a graphic t-shirt you got from Hina when she introduced you to Backstreet Boys.

"The jeans are fine, and wear those instead of the boots." He said, pointing to a pair of white converse you had, it would contrast your black shirt and compliment the jeans apparently.

When you had come back from changing, Mitsuya smiled in approval. Baji just clicked his tongue and grumbled, "You look like a basic bitch." Mitsuya had heard this and lightly hit the back of his head.

Quite a miracle he was still alive after that.

"Enjoy, Y/n!" Chifuyu waved, he knew you were going on a date but you and Baji knew that it was better for him not to know who it was with yet.

You rocked your heels back and forth, playing with the trinkets of the bracelet Fumiko had given you as you waited for a certain blond to finally arrive. It was peculiar why he would want you to meet him in a park rather than a train station or something, but then again, who are you to expect a simple date from someone like him.

'Hakone...' Your mind wandered off to the possible landmarks you could be doing only to be interrupted by who you've been waiting for.

"Y/n!"

You turned to see a breathless Kisaki, panting to catch the air leaving his lungs. "Sorry I made you wait." He shot you an apologetic look, feeling guilty thinking he was late when he had invited you in the first place.

"No, it's fine!" You waved your hands, denying his apology. "I just got here." That was an obvious lie. You stood by the station for more than 30 minutes because of the fear you would make him wait. Maybe also because you wanted to escape Baji.

He nodded, reluctantly accepting the lie excuse you had given. He hailed a cab, seeming that it would be better transportation than taking a train.

~ ~ ~

One hour and almost 40 minutes of the silent ride was unbearable, but with nothing to do and Kisaki on his phone the whole time, you just had intrusive thoughts running through your head.

What if you let out a finger? Would it actually be cut off?

"What the fuck? You're still here?" You muttered; A little bit too loud than how you wanted it to be.

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing."

Oh. Yeah, just me though. The general had answered. I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye, kid.

'Goodbye? You're leaving?'

Yeah. You got what you wanted: To help your brother. That's... He hesitated for a short moment, kinda the whole purpose why we were here.

Oh.

'Oh.'

You've been great, kid. With or without us. Sure you'll do better when we're out of the way. Maybe we'll meet again soon, don't worry.

'When I die?'

Bye, kid.

"Y/n?" Kisaki snapped you out of your dreams as he looked at you worriedly. "We're- uh... We're here." He let out nervously.

To be quite frank, Kisaki didn't know whether to be proud of himself for finally having this obvious change or to be scared the person he changed for wouldn't approve. But who wasn't to approve?

Anyone who thinks a 'bad' guy can't change by his own will is a coward himself afraid of change.

You followed him out the cab, greeted by the view of the Hakone Museum's entrance. In awe, you looked at the entrance, eyeing every single masterpiece laid before your very own eyes. Kisaki couldn't help but smile at the sight of your awestruck expression, and it seems like you were really enjoying this.

This wasn't even the beginning of it.

You've walked from aisle to aisle. Room to room. Floor to Floor, still amazed by everything that you've seen so far and it hasn't even been half the tour. Even more amazing that Kisaki was able to pull all of this together.

"Here we have the great Gabriel Loire's masterpiece, the Symphonic Sculpture!" The tour guide introduced, referring to a ladder-like tower spiraling with painted glass painting surrounding the room serving as its walls. As the tour guide continued to spur facts about the art piece and some tourists walked up and down the spiral staircase, Kisaki still looked at you mesmerized. As if his life depended on the way he had to view you in this very moment. Like he needed to see every single intricate detail you expressed whilst he had the time to do so.

The boy never felt this way before. Not even with Hina at that matter. His heart raced as inhumane as the mind could think to the point that he was conscious of anyone beside him hearing it.

Your happiness overflowed to the point that every single thing you've done and will be doing isn't in your mind's control by now. You had taken his hand in yours, intertwining your fingers and squeezing slightly.

You touched him and it felt as if the stars were dancing across his skin.

A/n: Wow.. I uh, kinda forgot my goal of finishing this by it's anniversary haha *side eyes nervously*. anyway, uh, I'll finish the last chapter rq, I swear on my Friends' current breakdowns :D. I hope you guys are still here, Old and New readers and supporters cause I'm ending this book to focus on other projects. #prayorwhateverformycommitment

BYEEEE!!