XV

He figured it out. And before you did. The cruelty of the universe to suddenly make you naive and oblivious to stuff was unfair. "Sorry..." You said, looking up to meet yellow irises, and strands of black and yellow.

He looked at you coldly before smiling. "It's alright!" He said. You noticed a tattoo on his neck. "Cool..." You muttered. He seemed to have noticed which made him chuckle. "You like cats?" He asks. You nodded in response. "Me too!" He says, almost too enthusiastically.

"Ah, well it was nice talking to you, but I gotta go." You smiled "Sorry again." You bowed, finally heading to your actual destination.

"Hmm... So you're Y/n." Kazutora mumbled under his breath as he watched you slowly disappear from his sight.

~ ~ ~

"So you're saying they're an effect of something?" You asked as you twirled a pocky stick around the air. You went with Naoto in a nearby park after school to discuss what he learned. Sitted on a park picnic table, he finally revealed it to you.

"Generational Passing. There was this general who was exiled from his own city after a war his brother caused. He didn't care about being exiled, he cared more about his daughter who was still in the city." He explained.

"So he vowed to find a way to help her somehow. He found a way after travelling his whole country, a way where when he dies, his consciousness would enter someone's brain. There were different theories but the strongest claims that it was some unknown god who entered his mind, helping him to enter others. When he died. That's when he was able to enter her daughter's brain." He continued. "So, it's like possession?" You asked.

What? No! The deep voice yelled, defensively and irritatingly.

'Why are you so defensive-' You gasped inwardly. 'It's you! You're the general!'

Shit. Huh? Whaaaa? Noooo... He denied. Badly

"No, no!" Naoto denied. "Possession is a soul's way to enter a person's body, inhabiting it as their own. This is different. It's their consciousness, not their soul." He said. "What happened next?"

"His daughter apparently became a soldier at war. He helped her strategize battle plans. Eventually, she died in war. You'd think he's finally going to be reunited with her? Nope." You were getting intrigued by the story, and somehow, so were the voices. "He decided to help more war generals with a genuine reason."

"The souls started to multiply helping others, entering their conscience." He finished "I'm not a soldier? Or a general." You pondered. "Genuine reason Y/n, Genuine reason." Naoto repeated. "So, you think I have a genuine reason deserving of their help?" You asked, making him shrug. "Maybe."

~ ~ ~

"I'll help you then." You offered.

"Eh?"

"Y/N!" Your brother cried, smothering you.

~ ~ ~

"What happened to the god?" You asked, intently. "Some say he still inhabits the new host's consciousness." Naoto answered. "SO HE'S SOMEWHERE IN MY BRAIN?" You yelled, standing up. Naoto pulled your shirt's collar, pulling you back down to sit and covered your mouth to hush you, apologetically looking at the other people of the park. "Shh!"

'If you've already helped your daughter, why do you still help others?' You asked the voice.

I'm not... satisfied. I feel like I still lack. He answered lowly.

"Will I start entering people's conscience too when I die?" You thought out loud. "Maybe." Naoto answered.

If you want to. A different voice answered. He seemed... young? Not a child, maybe a young adult?

"You're silent 'cause you know I'm right!" Naoto concluded, standing up from his seat slamming the table as he exclaimed. "Whaaaat? What makes you think that?" You tried denying.

You're as bad as the general denying stuff. The voice laughed.

'I've never heard you before.' You thought.

Second voice, pleasure to meet you. I was the general's lieutenant before he was exiled. He introduced.

There's no denying it now, kid. Just tell him. The general sighed, seemingly ignoring the other man.

"Fine, you're right..." You confessed, "But I'll be honest, it's the first I heard of this." You said. "Well, they don't usually tell you about it until you're 'ready'." Naoto muttered. "What are they saying now?" He asked curiously.

Hi!

Hello, Naoto.

This is the first time we talked with someone who's not our host, right?

Tell him I said "Hi!"

"They said "hi"." You told him, he chuckled, replying a hi.

You'd look good together. An older woman cooed.

'What?!'

You're not denying it. A younger voice taunted

Hey, mind relaying a message? The general requested.

'Sure.'

Tell him this, If he ever shares this information outside, I will make sure his next breath will be his last. He said, a deep aura surrounding his tone.

"Uh, Naoto?" You called, making him hum in response. "Don't tell anyone about this, alright?" You told him. "I won't." He smiled genuinely.

You're way too soft on him! The obnoxious voice scolded.

"What do they say most of the time?" He asked. "Hmm..." You thought. "Let's see, Stupid jokes, Teasing, Math answers that are obviously wrong, Useless battle strategies." You counted, making him laugh and the voices argue. You couldn't decide whether to laugh along or to be in pain.

"Anyways, have you heard news of Fumiko's cousin?" He asked, wiping away a tear. "Yeah, tutoring starts tomorrow since it's a Saturday." You informed, finishing the last pocky stick.

"Wow, good luck then." He says, pity in his voice, trying to hide his laughter. I mean, who wouldn't when you got yourself into this situation. You just couldn't seem to say no to Fumiko.

"You weren't being serious were you?" You groaned, flopping on the bench and resting your arms on the table. "Oh no, I am. But it's funny how you can't say no to her." He laughed.

"Eyyy, Hanagaki-chan!" You stopped mopping, turning your head to the distant yelling. You see Hanma walking towards you, cigarette between his fingers. "What's up?" You greeted lowly, covering your mouth and nose as he puffed smoke from his mouth.

"Ah, nothing much. About to fight another gang soon!'' He said excitedly. He looked at you as you breathed rather slowly, still covering half your face. "Ah, you don't like smoking do ya'?" He asked, making you shake your head, smiling faintly.

Naoto watched as you conversed with the older male. It just looked normal for you. Hanma dropped his cigarette and stepped on it, putting it out as he puffed one last cloud of smoke that was lingering in his mouth.

"Smoking's bad for you, you know?" You scolded, your hand still covering you face, not risking the smoke entering your lungs. "Eh, it's fineee." He whined. "Uh, I'll be going now... See you Monday, Y/n." Naoto cut your conversation, standing up and waving goodbye. You waved back with a hum and a smile.

Hanma stared as your expression towards the younger male seems softer than with him. He seemed to have ideas swirling through his head as he looked at you and the distancing boy.

Boy was he getting lots of ideas.