XXII

You followed the two to an outdoor cafe, observing as Emma fed Mikey a spoonful of cream. Somehow this just didn't fit with you. Maybe they're childhood friends? Or cousins? Hinata gasped.

"Observe the look in her eyes, my dear Watson!" She called your brother, which ultimately just made him confused. "Those are the look of someone who's madly in love! My womanly instincts tell me so." She announced proudly.

"Womanly instincts?" You repeated. "I don't know." Naoto shrugged. "I see, that's so convincing!" Takemichi agreed, which only made you deadpan. But he seemed to be looking at something else which made Hina irk and You cringe. "Pervert! What are you looking at?"

"There it is... Her slueth strike." Naoto muttered, as you nodded in understandment. "Takemichi!" You turned behind you, greeted by Yamagishi. "What are you guys up to?" He asked. "Well, we're following Emma and Mikey-kun to figure out something." Takemichi explained.

They started to talk more about the "scandal" as Naoto sat on the bottom step of a stairway, seemingly tired. "You okay?" You asked, taking a seat next to him. "Yeah, just confused." He sighed

"About?" He looked at you, meeting your gaze before looking away quickly. "Why are you so obssessed about Kisaki?" He asked. "Well-" You panicked. If Takemichi already told him about the future, he already knows some details, right?

He waited for you to answer, fiddling with the strings of his jacket. "You know my brother's from the future, right?" You started. He nodded, seemingly knowing where this was going. "Yeah, well Kisaki, he's, how do I-"

Trying to look for a way to gently hand the information to your friend, you were interrupted by Yamagishi's sudden tone of realization. "That's a real scandal!" He exclaimed, "I know!" Your brother agreed. "That's why we're following them to figure out the story."

"We haven't really found any decisive proof yet." Hina informed. "I heard rumors about that Emma girl." Yamagishi said seriously. "I heard she was seen leaving Mikey-kun's house with him, all friendly-like." He informed.

"And it was this morning she'd stayed overnight in his place!" He continued. "I'm sorry, but I've completely solved the case!" Hina declared. "She is, without a doubt, A TWO TIMER!"

"Come with me, Takemichi-kun, all we need are some confessions from the people involved." She commanded. "Huh?" You watched as the two approached the pair of blonds, Yamagishi slowly following suit.

As you were about to follow the latter, Naoto pulled you back. "You still haven't answered my question, you know?" He reminded. "Kisaki killed me in the future Naoto, I have to figure him out." You informed quickly, pulling him to the scene. "W-wait! What?! He- Huh?!" You left the boy into complete stutters as you watched the scene unfold.

"You taking your little sister out on her birthday, Mikey?" Draken teased. "Shut up." Mikey pouted. "Wait- Little sister?!" Takemichi exclaimed. "You didn't know, Takemichi? Mikey and Emma are half siblings." Draken informed.

You were right! They couldn't have been a couple, it was just impossible. To be fair, they barely have any romantic chemistry, you couldn't explain, but they just didn't.

"I told Hina about that before though?" Emma thought, making your brother irk a nerve. "Ms. Detective, Yamagishi?" He called, only to be ignored by the two examining parfaits. "She forgot?" You asked. "She forgot." Naoto confirmed.

Still, perhaps informing the boy too quickly gave him a bit of a shock. He couldn't even process much today. Draken held out a pink teddy bear and placed it on the girl's head with a big grin as if he accomplished something great.

"Happy birthday." He greeted, making Emma blush. "Ah! That's the bear you wanted from the arcade last time." Mikey said, in shock at his best friend's memory. "That's all, I'm outta here." Draken exited, leaving the three boys awestruck by his moves.

"Good for you, Emma-chan!" Hina smiledmaking the blonde giggle. "Happy birthday." You greeted.

"Well, we're gonna go now. Sorry for the intrusion." Your brother bowed, dragging Hina and Yamagishi away from the siblings, with you and Naoto following behind.

Walking to a different alley, the couple had their own conversation. You had your mind blank, walking straight ahead, Naoto was still overthinking your death, which Takemichi left out in his details about time-leaping, and Yamagishi was just observing the couple as they walked together, conversing.

"I hope that things work out for you and me too." Hinata smiled as Takemichi took her hand, skipping together away with big smiles on their faces. "Yeah, I know they will!" He assured.

"It feels like we've been forgotten." Yamagishi deadpanned. "I can't watch." Naoto commented. "I feel like I've seen something out of a shojou manga." You cried, rubbing your eyes tiredly. "Ah, well, I'll go now too." Yamagishi waved goodbye as you and Naoto sood there, still waiting for your siblings to realize.

You folded your fingers together, stretching your arms. "Well, they forgot about us." You chuckled. "Kisaki killed you..." Naoto muttered. "Huh?" You turned to him, still looking distressed and confused. "Kisaki... killed you?" He repeated.

"Shit. I didn't fully explain." You cursed.

You left him so confused, it's getting so amusing. The general snickered.

"You shut up." You warned, pointing to your head. "And you." You called your friend. "Look, details aren't really important." You grabbed his shoulders and squeezed them ligthly "But they are, Y/n!" Naoto disagreed. "You're out here, risking your life, for what? A murderer?" He reviewed.

You thought about it, and yes, it was a crazy stunt. What exactly are you going to do when you find out his intentions? Kiss him? The possibilities of you finally revealing his true colors were low to none and honestly, now? You're just a confused kid who just wants to help their brother change the future.

"Kisaki liked my sister back then." Naoto broke the silence with unbearable news. "Well, I have no idea about now, but, he really liked her. Then, my sister met Takemichi. That's when Kisaki stopped showing up." He said. "That's all I remember. Or at least I tried to remember." He muttered.

Kisaki liked Hinata? And on top of that, what if he still does? It couldn't be this right? That's just gruesome for him to plan all this debauchery just for a silly little crush. "He's really ambitious to the point that people think he's weird. Not nee-chan though. Maybe that's why he fell in love with her."

"That's stupid."

Indeed. It was foolish for him to act like the devil. How could he just add more strings into his puppets as he manipulates and controls more people?

Honestly, was it really that, or are you panged with the fact that you're finally tolerating him and you find out he's in love with someone else?

Were you... jealous?