XX

Sirens from your speed-dialed ambulance rang in the perimeter along with the police. 6 cars, divided into the studio and the lot. As most people sneak out of the fighting grounds, you see Chifuyu trying to keep Baji still with Kazutora crying near him, beaten up by Mikey before your brother has persuaded him to do any further.

You looked around, sneaking out of the lot avoiding the authorities and any other really.

Naoto was nervously bowing as Hotaru talked to him, seemingly confused and disappointed. "Taru!" you called, skipping towards the two boys. "Y/n, where were you?" He asked, as Naoto stood up. "Had to pick upppppp... Pocky?" You looked at the black-haired boy, only to be met with a glare.

"Sorry, I promise I'll do anything you want for a whole week." You whispered. Naoto only looked at you skeptically before accepting the deal. "What's going to happen to your brother?" You asked. "Nothing, we have a permit, it's just so sudden how we became too loud. Really unexpected from you Naoto, you really stole the show" Hotaru chuckled.

"At least the audience loved it." Hotaru smiled, "I'm so sorry again, I really just needed to-" "Naoto, seriously, you're apologizing as if you don't know me or my family." Hotaru laughed, patting the younger male's back.

You decided to head home, hoping that your brother wouldn't bring it up. "I'm sorry for bringing you into the mess, Naoto." You frowned, opening the door to your house. "I don't mind, you couldn't really do it by yourself." He shrugged.

"Oh, Naoto!" You called before he left the corridor, running back to him. He hummed, waiting for you to continue. "You said you've heard of Kisaki before tutoring, right?" You reminded. "Right, uh..." He retaliated, wondering if he should tell you or not.

"I have to confirm something first, then I'll tell you if my theory's right." He smiled nervously. "Oh... Alright. Thanks again." He left, heading to his own home, muttering possible excuses to his mother of why he was taking too long buying rice, which he had yet to buy. You really owe him.

Not long after doing a couple of chores, your brother had burst into the house panting, with a few bruises and bandages all over his face and an accomplished smile.

"Y/n! Baji-kun's saved! I did it!" He rejoiced, falling into the cushions of the sofa.

'Technically, I did it.' You deadpanned, thinking whether to expose yourself or not.

"Thanks for the ambulance, by the way." He sighed. "What-? Haha, ambulance? What ambulance? I don't know about any ambulances! What IS an ambulance?" You panicked, completely forgetting you reminded him that you'll call one for him.

"Didn't you call one? Cause you said I "wouldn't" survive." He air-quoted, mocking you. "Oh. Riiiight." You agreed, glancing away from his suspicious look. "What happened?" You asked, as if you didn't just see it happen.

Your brother started to rant out the events from the fight. You were satisfied with it, Baji being saved somehow, Kazutora would be fine now too considering he's trying to make amends with the members of Toman, Especially Mikey and Chifuyu, and there might be some good news in the new meeting.

YOOOOOOOO!

Nope.

You did it, kid. Congrats! The general greeted with a loud cheerful tone.

'No thanks to you.' You retorted.

A unison of offended gasps filled your head as you said that, watching your brother struggle as he tried to eat his snack wincing at sudden stretches of his face. You began having a migrain as the voices argued about actually helping you.

You sighed at the mission's success. Oh how you'd wish it stayed peaceful.

November 3, 2005
Hanagaki Residence

You heard a knock on the door as you and Takemichi prepared some meals for a special occasion. You could hear muffled arguments from the other side.

You opened the door to most of Toman's division leaders. "Y/n-chin!" Mikey greeted, engulfing you in a hug. Most of them were holding some dishes and desserts.

"N/n! Help me, please!" Takemichi yelled from the kitchen. "Huh- WHAT THE HELL?!" You ran to the oven, smoke coming out from the sides. Turning it off quickly, the chicken didn't seem to look bad, just some parts a bit too roasted. "I leave you for one second!" You glared at your brother, laughing nervously as he scratched the back of his neck.

"We're coming in!" Draken called from the outside. "Mikey-kun!" Takemichi exclaimed, taking off his apron. "I thought we were celebrating Baji-kun's birthday?" He asked, wiping his hands behind his pants. "We are!" The shorter blond exclaimed. "Just not in the park." He skipped towards the both of you.

"Is that a pink apron?" Mikey asked, pointing at the folded apron on top of a chair. "I- it's my mom's! I don't usually cook!" Your brother panicked, making the group laugh, embarrassing him on the spot.

Your mom came down from upstairs to be greeted by a bunch of teenagers in her living room. She looked at you and your brother confusedly, only shrugging nervously. "Sorry for the intrusion, Mrs. Hanagaki, but our friend really wanted to celebrate his birthday here." MItsuya walked up to your mother.

She chuckled as she walked towards the kitchen. "I see, enjoy your party then." She smiled, kissing you and Takemichi on your foreheads, and taking her bag for work. "Momma's kids." Draken snickered.

A nerve popped in your head. It wouldn't be bad if you kicked them out, right?

Ah, it's Baji's birthday, you couldn't do that. Not today.

Some set the table, some were playing animal crossing on your tv. "Yo, Y/n, can I talk to you?" Baji called, as you were garnishing the roasted chicken, Mitsuya and Draken beside you, slicing two cakes into equal slices. "Oh, uh, sure. Let me just finish this." He leaned towards the corner, patiently watching you coat the dish.

As the two left, Baji thought it would be the best time to bring it up, considering you were away from the group. "It was you, wasn't it?" You felt the hair on your skin stand up as he took a seat next to you. You looked down, met by his cold gaze.

"I don't know what you're taaa- alking about." You denied, putting the chicken back in the oven. "Don't act dumb! I literally saw you way before Kazutora stabbed me!" He remembered.

BWHAHAHA you got caught! The general laughed.

So he was the sight you felt. "Why were you there? Did you know I was going to be in danger or something? Cause your brother did too. Something about me dying." He scoffed, "I really have noooo idea what you're talking about." You continued denying.

"What was the ambulance and police for then?" He interrogated, standing up and leaning on the kitchen counter as you washed your hands.

"The ambulance was for myyyy, brother," You wiped your hands. "The police mostly were for the party my friend's brother was holding." You explained calmly, looking him in the eyes, which was half-truth. "It caused aaaa... disturbance." You glanced away guiltily. "It just so happened that they also noticed the fight." You smiled proudly.

You're getting good at lying. The lieutenant cheered. You didn't know if you should be happy or not.

At least he bought it. Probably bought it.