XXX

Walking back home in the freezing cold was the worst idea anyone could ever have. Only an idiot would do so. You were one.

Shivering as you rubbed your hands together for warmth on the way home after sending Fumiko was probably bad when you didn't have much warm clothing.

You were so upset about your argument with Takemichi that you barely had time to give yourself warmth as you left for school. Now, you were a freezing, shivering mess on your way home.

"Y/n-chan! Yoohoo!" You looked up from your hands to see Hanma and Kisaki at your usual store. You stared at the two blankly before slowly heading to them. "You want some?" Hanma asked, lightly raising up a cup of hot chocolate. You nodded vigorously, taking the cup from his hands.

"Ho ho, slow down." Hanma laughed, although Kisaki only wore a concerned look as he watched you gulp down your drink. Your breath raggedy, your hands slightly shaking, your nose all red and your skin all pale.

You gasped quietly as you finished your drink. "Y/n, did you not wear anything warm?" Kisaki asked, sympathy in his voice as he looked at you worriedly. "Course I dids!" You defended. Your voice was hoarse and Kisaki still felt uneasy as he watched you.

Despite having a jacket on, you still were missing a few pieces of clothing. Kisaki sighed as he took off his gloves and scarf and grabbed you by the arm. Hanma could be caught snickering as he watched Kisaki putting on the gloves through your shaking fingers but he was very good at keeping a still look.

Kisaki muttered something under his breath as he wrapped his scarf around your neck lightly yet tightly. You couldn't be bothered to hear it because honestly, you couldn't even get your thoughts straight.

"Where do you live?" Kisaki asked, taking your bag from you. "If I tell yous, you're probably going to kidnap me or something." You glared. "Actually... that wouldn't be so bad." You thought out loud. Hanma let out a few chuckles before looking away from a glaring Kisaki.

"You're catching Hypothermia, just tell me where you live." Kisaki insisted. "Ah! Just call Naoto!" You argued. "Don't call Takemichi! He's a bitch." You warned, only to make Hanma's job of hiding his laughter worse.

Kisaki became impatient as you grew drowsy from the cold. "What does Naoto have to do with this?" He asked, agitated. "He knows where I live!" You answered. "If you tell me where you live then it would be easier!" He argued.

"A block to the left-" You answered, only to have your legs worn out. "Oh shit, they're dead." Hanma joked. Kisaki caught you, his face showing a faint of pink as he had his arms around your back.

"Ah! Aren't you gonna help me?" Kisaki asked, growing impatient by the second. Hanma only smiled proudly before going back to his drink, ignoring the younger male. Kisaki clicked his tongue.

With Kisaki slowly moving your body to carry you on his back, Hanma could only let out a sigh as he smiled at the ever so rare sight of Kisaki being nice. And what makes it even more hilarious is that it only happens to you.

Talk about biased.

"Hey." Kisaki called. "Hm?" You hummed tiredly, resting your head against the crook of his neck. "Do you want to call Naoto?" He asked in the most hushed tone he could usher. Enough for you to hear but only for you to hear. "I want to go home." You answered drowsily.

"They want to go home!" Hanma called. "Take them home, Tetta-kun!" He continued to mock. "Why don't you shut up and carry their bag." Kisaki irked. "Alright, alright." Hanma gave in.

The walk was silent. At least to you. Hanma cracked a few jokes only to be kicked multiple times by Kisaki. What amazes the older male is Kisaki's strength to carry you and kick him down.

After a few stops for questions, they finally brought you home. "Yo, Y/n, where the hell is your key?" Hanma asked, rummaging through your bag. "Jacket." You answered plainly. Before Hanma could take the keys from your coat's pocket, the door flew open with Baji on the other side.

He looked at Hanma, then Kisaki. Then noticed you were half-asleep on Kisaki's back, your face pale with hints of red from the cold. This surprised him. What could they have done to you?

"What the hell?!" He yelled. Kazutora peaked from the living room, wearing a confused look. "Give me that." Baji glared as Hanma, snatching your bag from the older male who only smiled as he held his hand up.

"Kazutora!" Baji called. As he walked closer, Baji shoved your bag towards his friend. He walked closer, grabbing you by the waist as he used himself as a stand. He slammed the door, still wearing a heavy glare one last time as he looked at the two.

Kisaki jumped lightly at the sudden act. "You're welcome, you ungrateful bastards!" Hanma called with a smug grin. "And here I thought that that Naoto kid was your rival." He chuckled to the younger male. "I have no rival." Kisaki glared.

"Doesn't seem like it." Hanma shrugged, turning around. "I doubt Baji likes them that way." Kisaki muttered. "Hm? What was that?" Hanma taunted, although he really couldn't hear much of what the younger male had said. "Nothing." Kisaki denied. "Go home!" He commanded. "Okay! Okay!" Hanma chuckled. "Don't be too confident though." He reminded, holding a cocky smirk before taking his leave.

Kisaki stood there frozen. It could've been the cold given he gave you his warm clothing. Or it could've been what Hanma had said. How could he just feel lighthearted when love was difficult in his case.

He couldn't seem to turn back after changing his direction, but it seems like his compass is leading him to a direction he doesn't want to. There was a gigantic wall between you and him and while he tried his best to try and get rid of it, you stood there on the other side, thinking whether to reserve yourself or finally give in and break the distance.

What was the point of Yuma? He clearly doesn't like her the way you expect him to. He could have easily said no once more but he just had to agree. Was he annoyed or was he starting to be a pushover?

That being said, he looked at a window where he saw three silhouettes, one carrying. He assumed it might have been Baji and Kazutora taking care of you. Kisaki sighed seeing the light turned off as the two left.

He couldn't do it.

He couldn't say no.

Atleast, not to you.

It was peculiar and strange. He wasn't used to it. All his life, he's dreamed of being with a girl he can never have. No matter how much he tried to take her heart, she just fell in love with someone all over again. Now, he's finally learning to let her go. But at the cost of what? Falling into love once again?

He couldn't seem to catch a break as he reminisced about you. Your lips holding a smile enough to bring warmth on a cold winter day. Your eyes shining brighter than the moon in the middle of the night. The feeling of your touch grazed upon him like the blossom of the sun on a full spring day. But no man can reach the sun, moreover, no man can fall in love with it.

Some said the sun belongs to the earth. After all, they are always together, giving each other warmth and comfort. And in his eyes, he was nothing but the moon. Always chasing the light, never meeting the sun. And if he did, it would take a once in a long time experience.

He couldn't love you. He couldn't have you. You were way better than he is. He would hurt you. But would it be selfish if he tried to love you? Would he be greedy if he wanted you?

If it is, then he's one selfish bastard.