XXIV

"Eh, leading a division is a hassle for me, I'm laying low." Baji informed. "I'll just lead Hanagaki through it, ya know?" He said. "What about Valhalla and Kisaki, Baji-san? What are we going to do about them?" Chifuyu asked.

"Kisaki has this planned thoroughly, he's like, 3 steps ahead of the universe." Kazutora mentioned. "Yeah, we can't just jump into fighting him. He almost killed me. If we do it again, He might just go through it." Baji shook his head.

They go "blugh". The general mocked, imitating a dead body.

'Please don't'

"I still can't believe you tried to leave Toman, Chifuyu." Baji gasped dramatically. "I thought you were gonna die!" Chifuyu reasoned. "I never die!"

Weeeeell....

"So, you're a part of Toman now?" You turned to the blonde streaked male. "Yeah, I'm also under the first division!" He informed excitedly. "Why are you guys here anyway? No offense, it's just-." "We just wanted to keep our captain safe!" Baji exclaimed, hopping off of the couch and patting Takemichi's back. Quite hard.

Takemichi winced a bit, but it seemed like something else was bothering him. "Well, we're going to leave now. Bye, Captain!" Baji saluted, finally leading the other two outside and heading home.

"I'm going back to the future." He suddenly blurted out. "Oh? Nooow? Naoto's probably, you knooow? Asleep?" You reasoned. "It's 7:30! And I'll go tomorrow so that you could walk to school with Naoto when we get there or I'll do it after school." He said. "Yeahhh, walk with Naoto." You faked smiled.

"You're acting weird, why are you acting weird?" He asked suspiciously. "Whaaat? Meeee? That's just stupid." You snobbed. "You prolong some words when you lie, what's wrong?" He asked. "You're wrong!" You defended. "What?"

You groaned, rubbing your face. "It's just... stressful. You're a division captain now, Kisaki's still in Toman and..." You paused. Bringing up Naoto's a no. It was your call for bringing him up into your mess in the first place.

"Everything will be fine." Takemichi assured. "I'll go back to the future, and if anything goes wrong, I'll always come back to you." He smiled, which you returned tiredly. "Always?" You asked. "Always." He promised.

The next day, you went as he planned. And it wasn't even good. You were still worried about how Naoto would react. You rang the doorbell as Hina opened it with Naoto adjusting his shoes by the door.

Hina left with Takemichi and you did notice Naoto shuddering slightly. Maybe he was cringed out by the pair. You walked a few feet from the couple in complete and utter silence. "So-" You started a conversation only to be cut off by Naoto's sigh.

"I'm sorry." He said, looking down. "No, I'm the one who should apologize!" You denied. "I'm pulling you into a mess you're not supposed to be into." You reasoned. "Well, so are you!" He added, watching you worriedly as you rubbed your gloveless fingers.

"Did you really not wear gloves? Not even a scarf?" Ha asked. "I thought a jacket would be enough." You laughed nervously. He sighed, taking off his scarf and lightly wrapping it around your neck. "Thanks."

He stared at you for a moment before looking away quickly. A shade of pink slightly coating his face. He could have been flustered or he was cold. Honestly, it was probably both, but who could tell?

"So, Nanako?" He asked, clearing his throat. "Nanako." You confirmed.

You arrived at your classroom, talking to the orange haired girl if she was interested in meeting someone. She thought about it but declined the offer.

Back to phase one.

You could do it yourself. The general snickered.

'Are you crazy?! Or has the years got to you?'

I'm only 56!

956. The woman corrected

Brainstorming some girls who would be a perfect match for Kisaki had come to an end for the day considering you had to head home. Your brother had already gone to the future and all that's left for you to do is deal with the past.

November 29, 2017

7:11 a.m.

Kazutora, Baji and Takemichi were on their way to meet up with a person of whom Kazutora claims, a reliable ally. Draken's dead, Chifuyu, Smiley and Pah-chin just died, and with Mitsuya missing, he and Baji were the only ones left against Mikey.

Baji was still silently waiting for their arrival as he sat in the backseat looking out the window while the other two conversed. He was calming down after he almost killed your brother with his bare hands if Kazutora hadn't stopped him.

"Two detectives went to us asking for help. Your sibling was one of them." Kazutora informed. "Y/n?" Takemichi exclaimed, a hint of excitement in his voice, He'll finally meet you in the future. "Yeah, who'd ya think?" Baji butted in.

They stopped in a confined space, with no people around. "Get out Takemichi, Someone wants to meet you." Kazutora informed. "Don't die." Baji added.

Takemichi got out of the car limping, finally reaching a few feet away from a familiar detective. "Naoto!" He exclaimed excitedly at the sight of the younger male. Naoto only huffed a light chuckle, but his expression darkened. "I've been waiting for you, Takemichi."

He walked towards the older male, taking out a pair of handcuffs, and cuffing Takemichi's wrists as 4 armed men surrounded him. Baji and Kazutora ran to the scene as your brother stood there helpless.

"Takemichi Hanagaki, as of November 29, 2017, 7:38 a.m., you are under arrest for Murder, Destruction of Public Property and countless other felonies. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." Naoto declared.

"I'm sorry, Kazutora-kun, Baji-san." He frowned slightly. "What the hell, Naoto?!" Baji exclaimed. "You bastard..." Kazutora muttered. "Arrest...?" Your brother asked lowly. Right now, he was scared and confused, He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what he even did. Murder? He... murdered someone?

"Too bad for you, Takemichi-kun." Naoto's expression darkened even more at the sight of your brother. He despised him at this moment. "Take him back to the precinct and bring him to interrogation room C." He ordered.

Takemichi slowly followed suit of the uniformed men as Kazutora held back Baji from hitting Naoto. "This wasn't the deal!" Baji yelled. "And yet, he is a criminal." Naoto reasoned calmly. "If you wish to visit him I'll allow you to do so. You may provide him with a lawyer if you also desire." And with that, he walked away to his own car back to the precinct.

Baji stood there in complete shock. He failed Chifuyu. Twice. First he let him die, and now he lost his partner.

Help him.

Please, Save him.

Help him.

"I know, you stupid voices!" Baji yelled, pulling a fistfull of his own hair as Kazutora looked at him worriedly from where he stood, not knowing what to do anymore.

Please help him, Baji-san. Chifuyu's voice, laced with yours, rang through the male's mind as you pleaded him to help your brother. "I know..." He muttered as he buried his face in his hands as Kazutora put his hand on Baji's shoulder

Well, that was a turn of events.