The reason

Hitoshi POV

I close my window and sighed, Cottonball chirped and rubbed at my arm, I pat his head and picked him up. I went downstairs and saw Aizawa glaring at Mic, eri was sitting on the couch looking between them, tears in her eyes.

Me: Aizawa, has Izuku eaten today? He didn't eat breakfast this morning when he ran out.

Aizawa: No, we just sat in a park all day, he didn't seem hungry but he still has to eat.

Me: I'll take some food up to him.

Aizawa nodded and I went into the kitchen and made some ramen, I remembered him saying once that he liked eating ramen if he hasn't eaten all day. I moved around the kitchen and made the ramen, I listened to the conversation between Mic and Aizawa.

Aizawa: I'm starting to see why Izuku doesn't like you.

Mic: What do you mean?

Aizawa: Oh don't play dumb Zashi. You know I hate beating around the bush.

Mic: No, I am serious! I don't get it. Why is everyone soo against me nowadays! All I want is a perfect little family that I can love and cherish! It's the last wish my dear little sister made to me before she died and you know that as well!

Seriously? I saw the confusion on Aizawa's face before it seemed to click.

Aizawa: That doesn't give you the right to just outright abandon the kid!

Mic: I never abandoned him! He told me everything was fine! I never knew how much Inko turned on him! How was I supposed to know this when he never said anything about it.

Aizawa; Did you ever visit him?! No you didn't because you were always with me!

Mic: Yes there is a reason to it tho! You don't know anything!

Aizawa: Then talk to me! Because I'm getting frustrated with you.

Mic: *sigh* Look after I broke up with Inko and got together with her, she became furious about it. Shortly after we got this house, she got a lawyer and won in court to get the whole responsibility over Izuku. I was not even allowed to get close to her thanks to her wish which he made clear. If I would have gotten close, I would have broken the contract she made me sign in court to never go see her again. Soo you think I wanted to abandon him? I tried to get him with us but the court had pity with her for losing 2 children and having a miscarriage. She accused me for abusing her which was not true! All the miscarriages were not my fault!

Aizawa: And if I believe you, how do I know you're telling the truth? You've already kept so much from me.

Mic: Wait... I can show you the papers. I still got them and they are intact until Inko died or something would happen to her which would make her unable to care for him. You can also talk to our very own lawyer or Tsukauchi. He knows about this. I asked him not to tell you tho. I didn't want anyone to know about how bad the situation between us got and I didn't wanted Izuku to know how much she wanted a daughter instead of a son. She hated him for purely being a son but I tried my best to get him.

I rushed around the kitchen to take the ramen off the stove and in a bowl. I crept from the kitchen and up the stairs, I nearly ran into Izuku who was at the staircase with Cottonball in his arms. We stared at each other for a few seconds as the conversation downstairs continued.

Aizawa: So what I'm getting is Inko was the bad guy and she lied to Izuku basically, to get you away from him?

Mic: Here are the papers and if you don't believe me call our friend Tsukauchi. He was there with me while I as dealing with everything.

Aizawa: It still doesn't change the fact that you blatantly favored Eri, I admit, I did too, but you go too far. I tried to tell you about it but you kept brushing me off, that hurt Zashi.

Mic: I just pity her alright. You know how much me and my dead sister went through and she just reminds me of her. ... I might have really projected my memories of my littke sister onto her... oh gosh... what have I done....

Aizawa: See? I didn't see it either till I had saw the way she spoke to Hitoshi a few days ago. I was so disgusted, I started to try distancing myself.

Mic: Huh... what do you mean?

Aizawa: She demands things from him, and if he says no, she starts screaming and sobbing till one of us picks her up, mainly you...

Mic: No way... really?! I never saw her do that. I saw her ask him the other day very sweetly and then let go of it when he said no.... Are you sure we are talking about the same girl?

Aizawa: Kids are great actors Zashi.

Mic: And I am just learning about that.... Fuck... am I really that horrible of a father?

Aizawa: We're both horrible parents... Eri, go to your rooml

Eri: B-b-but.

Aizawa: Sweetie, we need to rest and it's your bedtime, we'll come tuck you in soon, promise.

Izuku and I heard the footsteps coming up the stairs.

Me: Your room.

Izuku nodded and we dashed down the hallway and slipped in his room. When the door closed, I slid down and placed the ramen down on his desk. Izuku sat in the chair at his desk.

Me: Man, I'm tired.

Izuku stayed silent and played with cottonball's fur. I pushed the food toward him and turned away. He didn't like people looking at him while he ate.

Izuku: Thanks for the food.

Me: Yeah. You're my friend.

We stayed in silence as he ate. When he was finished he threw a book against the wall. I jumped up, cottonball ran and hid under his bed.

Me: Hey hey hey, what's wrong?

I pulled him into a hug as he started crying, he gripped the front of my shirt. I looked at cottonball why tilted his head to the side.

Izuku: Why is my life so fucked up?! WHY?!

I rubbed his back gently and sat bac on the ground, he curled up in my lap and continued crying.

Me: I don't know, maybe the universe likes seeing you miserable, maybe it's just how it is. Noone's life is perfect, I know you think mine is perfect but it's not.