Ignorance is bliss

Shinso's POV

I was in my room playing with my cat that Mic got for me when he and Aizawa adopted me, when I heard a flurry of activity.

I chose to ignore it. And continued what I was doing.

I'm kind of bored,

I wonder what Midoriya's doing...

Maybe he wants to go out for a while,

I think his mother is home too.

I hope he's ok,

That woman is crazy,

I wonder why Mic didn't file for custody for Midoriya?

I know he knows about how Inko treats him.

Does he not like Midoriya?

I decided to stop wondering and ask Mic.

Me: Hey cottonball, want to go ask Mic something with me?

My white cat purred and climbed up to my neck and perched there.

Damn bird.

I went to Mic and Aizawa's room where I knew he was since he was tired from staying up with Eri all night. It hasn't even been a good month since they adopted her but she's being an attention hog, I get that she has trauma from being with overhaul but seriously? Getting a panic attack from water? Warm water? Warm still water? It was a bath.

Not disregarding her trauma but it's a little suspicious.

I knock on the door and waited for the come in I normally got from Mic.

Mic: Come in Shin. I'm just putting away some laundry.

I opened the door and stepped inside, I didn't move from the door, looking around to make sure that Eri wasn't in the room, last time I did that, she was scared of me for nearly a week.

Me: Umm MIc, can I ask you a question?

Mic: Alright, shoot.

Me: Do you have a problem with Midoriya?

I saw him pause, he turned to me and smiled.

Mic: What gave you that idea Toshi?

I was getting uncomfortable with the look that was in his eyes. It reminded me of the look my mom used to give me before she would shout at me.

Me: Umm, I guess it's because of all the attention Eri gets.. I mean Izuku is in an abusive household and he is your son, so I don't know why you don't just file for cost-

Mic: I've heard enough Histoshi. How I handle my relationship with Izuku is none of your concern.

I dropped it and sat next to him. We stayed in awkward silence, he continued folding his clothes and I played with cottonball.

This is so awkward...

I want to go back to my room,

but I don't want to go if he's mad,

When I did that with my mom she always shouted more

Mic: Can I do anything else for you Hitoshi?

I heard and edge to his voice and shook my head as I got up. I was about to tell him something when a shrill scream rang through the house. It came from Eri's room, it was right across from Mic's and Aizawa's room so they can get to her if anything happens.

How convenient,

just as I was about to say something that concerns someone that's not her.

Mic: Sorry Hitoshi, Eri needs help and Shota's on and off with panic attacks.

He didn't even let me answer before he was out the door and at Eri's side.

And he's gone,

I'm not surprised honestly...

I'm never having kids.

I was about to leave the room when Mic's phone started ringing.

Hm?

Who could be calling Mic?

He does have a day off.

I pick up the phone and nearly dropped it, it was Izuku. Izuku doesn't normally call first, it's why I'm the one who texts first in our chatroom. If I didn't, we wouldn't talk at all.

Me: It's probably important, I should give this to Mic.

I went into Eri's room and stood by the door, I saw Mic and Aizawa fussing over her, there was a broken chair leg in her hand.

Me: What happened here?

Aizawa: She accidentally broke her chair.

That's no reason to scream like you were getting stabbed.

Me: Mic you have a call.

He looked at me but Eri cried harder and he looked back at her.

Mic: Who is it?

Me; It's Izuku.

His face contorted into a sneer, Aizawa pushed him away and held Eri close.

Aizawa: You can go, I'll deal with Eri.

Mic: No, he's a big boy. He can handle himself. Hitoshi, let it ring.

I placed his phone down and went back to my room, cotton ball trailing behind me.

Me: If Mic won't talk to him I will.

I closed my door and went to my desk where my computer was. I turned it on and opened the chatroom between Midoriya and I.

Me: I hope you're good Izuku.

Izuku is offline