Chapter 27

If this was God's way of punishing me, it was working. People say the future is a blank slate but that's scary if you don't know what you're going to fill it with.

This isn't the end of Tafari and I. It couldn't be! How could someone love you so dearly one day and then hate you the next? I  refused to accept that, even though it had been almost two weeks since he has spoken to me. I knew he loved me and I hoped he'll soon remember that and find his way back to me.

Terry: Me nuh like Tikka eno but him love you
Terry: You wrong Staci
Terry: You sabotaged your happiness for an elusive fairytale.
Terry: Bomboclaat likkle hood bobby him too nuff tuh

Remember how people always said that trouble have a way of bringing a family back together? Well, this was true for Terry and I. After my conversation with Dan, I had completely cut her off but I needed a friend and so I contacted her. Luckily she responded.

Terry: Weh day you nah link with me cause you a get your pussy eat out and me nah nobody a give me that.
Terry: You gone a lead and push me aside.
Terry:Now see you yah...inna me DM

Me: Terry please chill!
Me: Me heart a hurt me

Terry: Me just a say, a suh unuh gyal stay
Terry: Nah come a church eno, unuh Christian too wicked man. Mi will tan a me yard and pray.

I didnt know if I should be called a Christian anymore. I had falling from grace.

Why did I tell Terry my business?

Terry: Anyways a taxi me a look fi come round there.

I browsed through my phone and viewed some short videos and photos of me and Tafari. I clutched my pillow as tears ran down my cheeks.

I texted him.

Me: Babe I'm not giving up on us

Tafari was online but he didn't respond. He has been reading and ignoring my messages since the day he stormed out of here.

Bobby has been sending me SMS text messages since he came here. I haven't responded to any of them. I still didn't know what took place with him and Tafari, it's all still a blurr. All I knew was that when I got up, Bobby was gone.

Bobby: Style you say you style me Staciann?

Bobby: You make me fall for you and hurt me just like you did in high school.

Bobby: You nuh afraid a God?

This last message really hit me.

Me: Don't make me diss you! Me sure me never beg you to put your head underneath me.

No no no... I couldn't do him like that. I deleted the message.

Bobby: Let's just talk please. Unblock me and let's talk. I can take good care of you.

I wondered if bobby found out who my man was if he would still be this persistent.

Bobby: You ladies always afraid to give the right man a chance.

Bobby: Wanna have lunch?

I shook my head. Not with that small cock.

Terry: Block the likkle willy bitch! Bout lunch! A nyam him wah nyam you eno. Kmt mussi feel that can hold woman.

Terry: Well lol make me stop chat... Cause see him use it and nearly take you from Tikka.
Terry: Girl me make sure get you a toy fi gwaan use till the boss come but no, you want nyammings.

Me: You nuh reach yet?
Me: Rest the argument man. Is like you nuh tek nothing serious. I'm really hurting girl, please stop.

Terry: Alright make me breeze you. Me soon reach.

A few minutes later there was a knock on my front door and I knew it was Terry. I exhaled a long breath and braced myself for her teasing before opening the door. To my surprise Terry pulled me in for a long comforting hug. I melted in her arms and tears rushed from my eyes.

"Nuh bodda cry!"
"Tikka soon come back, him love you just the same" Terry patted my back.
"Come wi go under the ackee tree fi some fresh air.
"When last you come out side mum?

I tried to remember. I couldn't remember... My brain was in fogs. My last conscious memory was when Tafari told me he was going to let his gun talk through me.

"Terry me worried that him baby mother ago get him to her self now" I admitted when Terry and I sat down on a piece of board that Uncle Sam used to make a seat between the chunks of the two ackee trees.

"That nah happen!"
"A you the man love!"
"If em ever make the devil fool him yuh see, a follow you go beat out her claat!"

I chuckled
"Me cyaa fight!"

Terry sucked her teeth
"You nuh need no form a schooling fi lick gyal in a her face Staci"
"Lift up you hand and swing that in a face" she demonstrated and I chuckled some more.

Terry laughed and sighed. "Fun and joke aside though friend"
"Tikka love you!"
"Him soon come around, just give him time"
"Fix up you self suh him can see you hot up when him decide to come around"
Terry pointed at my dress, "them frock yah and plat up head nah go work mums"

I shook my head and smile. I missed Terry. Only Terry knew how to turn the most chaotic situations into humor. Nothing was tragic enough to phase Terry. She was free spirited and so it rewarded her with lots of liking.

"You use the toy yet by the way?" Terry asked and grinned at me.

"Nope! Nah use it!"

"You know yah real fool?"
"Use the thing girl!"
"It will help you destress"
Terry laughed and clapped her hands.
"Listen to me, use the thing girl"
"Bout 10 different vibration it have, rock you world and take you mind off Tikka big hood"

Terry laughed again
"A God a give you a break still eno"
"Fuck too much!"
"Woiiii"

We both laughed

"Yea man" Terry crooned.
"Everytime me call you yah fuck or just done fuck"
"Any day I tell pastor you see"

I held Terry's mouth.
"Take time chat nuh gyal!"
I looked both sides to see if anyone was nearby.

"Use the something man" Terry whispered.
"You alone in a the big ole house and nah do nothing"
"Turn back way pon Sam couch and work the thing girl"
Terry grinned "it will sweet you"
"Use it man or you give me back cho!"

I tugged at Terry's arm. "Let's go inside"
"Cyaa manage you eno man!"

Terry walked behind me and we entered the house.

"Want we cook or order food?" I asked when we sat down on the coach in the living area.

"No sah order some fry rice and one a them chiney meat deh"

I chuckled. "You a sample eno"
"Eound a Sakura?"
"All a them a chicken"

Terry grinned, "me know but me cyaa call them name there and them nah make me cuss bad word"

We both laughed.

While I searched for the app to order our food I realized that Terry was distracted. She gazed at the TV which was not turned on.

"Wah wrong mum?" I asked and Terry didn't answer.
"Terry!" I half shouted and she jumped.

"Hmmm?"
"Oh sorry, me just a medz how them ago bury Tikka bredda next week..."

My heart beat picked up pace. "I worry about that too"
"You feel me must go?"

Terry turned to face me, "of course!"
"If you don't go then him ago pree you"
"Baby mother she might all a plan fi go"

I frowned
"I'm scared Terry"
"Nuh wah in a no vibes with no gyal"

Terry sucked her teeth
"After she nuh mad!"
"If you decide to go a me and you"
"She better hold firm and nuh bodda with it"
"Else all Tikka me ago lick in a him rass to"