Chapter 6

Terry and I drove around the block in complete silence. I knew she was mad but I didn't care. Terry had made numerous bad choices and I have never once judged her, I supported her in all cases.

There was no sign of Tafari anywhere. I tried texting him. I tried calling him but to no avail. I was worried out of my mind. Terry tried asking some guys about him but they were reluctant to give us any meaningful information. Where could he be?

As the thought struck a text message came in on my phone from an unknown number.

It read: I know you must be wondering why I left like that, I'm sorry B. I will explain soon as I get the chance. Don't worry about me, me good. Everything ago makes sense soon.

"A him that? Terry asked as she tried to view my phone screen.

I shifted in the car seat and closed my phone.
"No is a church reminder" I lied.

"So late?" she eyed me suspiciously.

"I'm yes, I had set it to remind me to write a speech, you know me always up them time a night yah"

I couldn't tell Terry that it was Tafari. I suddenly didn't trust her.

My phone buzzed again. It was him again.

Unknown number: I will tell you where to find me soon. Delete them message yah.

Terry eyed me again.
"swear I'm worried about you"
"Can see the lie on your face"

I sucked my teeth.
Frankly, I didn't care what Terry or anyone said regarding my relationship with Tafari.

"Listen, Terry, we have been friends since we were kids and I love you but this is my life and if you love me too you'll let me love it"

Terry glanced at me. I knew my words stung her but they needed to be said.

"Fine!"
"Your life..."
"Live it!"
"Do the do muma"

There was another awkward silence between us again as we took another spin around the block. I was tired and needed to rest so I requested that she brought me home.
"We can seek info again tomorrow"
"I need to go home, shower, relax and think"

Terry nodded
"Sure, it's your call"

As soon as I stepped through the front door I glanced at my phone to check the time. It was almost 4am. I kicked off my slippers and pulled up the chat head of the number that Tafari used to message me earlier.

Me: Where are you? I am worried.

I waited a few minutes.

Me: Just know that I love you and I am here for you.

I waited a few more minutes and just as I was about to fall asleep my phone beeped.

Unknown number: I know that you love me. Please be safe and don't trust anyone. Don't worry about me, I am fine.

I wondered how a man with little to no formal education could formulate his sentences so well. This man was indeed a mystery.

Unknown number: And yes before you start wondering, me rate you too Staciann. Pray for me, church girl... Lol

Me: "I love you" thats what I said, I never said anything about rate. Anyways, laters baby. Keep safe...

My heart finally began to feel a little at ease. There was no telling what I would do or how I would cope if anything should ever happen to him. Thoughts of Tafari, his masculine scent and his firm structure lingered in my thoughts as I dose off to the land of perfect and imperfect dreams. A few moments later the sound of a text message pulled me away from that land. I quickly sprung it to see if it was Tafari who has texted again.

Terry: Hear say this just lock down your boy. Say them find him with gun on peach street. Look like him did wah duppy the bwoy weh stab Jermy. Jah know mumz it hot but hush.

Me: What????

Tears stream down my cheeks as my body rock uncontrollable.

Power of the Pum Pum (From Guns to God)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें