Chapter 19

There is a person in this world that I am 100% compatible with and lately, I secretly don't think that's Tafari.

Tafari and I communicate less since of late. When he calls I often find an excuse not to speak. I am sick and tired of hearing who he plans to kill when he gets out.

He had a court hearing yesterday and he didn't inform me. When I asked his excuse was that he didn't like to see me cry.

Rumor has it that he got a girl pregnant and she recently gave birth to twin boys. I didn't bother to ask him. I wasn't sure if I was afraid of the truth or didn't care anymore.

"Weh you did wah tell me, other night miss? Terry asked and look up at me.

As I secured the lace wig to Terry's head my mind wandered back to the other night with Bobby.

I chortle when the memories flashed through my head. "He's so wild" I crooned.

Terry turned around to face me
"Weh yah seh?"
"Wild how?"
"You fuck him?"

"Noooo!"
"But him freak me" I whispered so no one else could hear me.

"Woiiii! A lie?"
"Nice clean Bobby a lick kitty?"
Terry slapped my arm "You too lie and wicked gyal!"

I drew an invisible cross over my chest with my finger. "It was so good!" I rolled my eyes.

"heh heh"
"You too lie gyal!"
"So weh the sense you make the man bow and nuh fuck him??

"Cause me fraid!"

"But you never fraid fi make him suck you?"
"Unuh Christian wicked all the same eno!"
"Bobby him a real cartoon...before him hold down you rass"

I sucked my teeth and shook my head.

"Anyways....what a way your bwoy never bother tell you say Lacy a breed fi him eh?" Terry bust out a laugh and leaned forward.

"Gwaan chat and see if the hair ago put on good!" I was embarrassed. Tears well up in my eyes and I quickly boxed them away with the back of my hand.

Terry had a way of taking serious things for a damn joke. Even if the matter was a life and death situation you can always expect Terry to laugh. People always asked why I remained friends with her. They wouldn't understand. She is my childhood friend and was there when my parents passed. She's family! Not all family members are good but that doesn't make them any less family. Well, that's what I tell myself.

Tafari sent me 50k for my birthday next week. He was reluctant to say where it came from so it has been sitting in my dresser drawer since the day I received it.

I remember our conversation about the money.

"Is a work me mash fi a youth and him did owe mi" he bleated.

"Wah kinda work?" I questioned
"That is all me a ask!"

"Don't ask questions that you know you can't manage the answer to!"

I never asked again. I just knew my conscience won't allow me to spend that money until I knew it came from good grounds.

I knew God was upset with me. I felt his conviction daily. Like yesterday when I hear that still voice telling me to go back to church and I didn't. I was tormented the entire day. Like God was mad at me or something.

"Terry, you think God vex with me?"

"Nope!"
"God love we all when we do fuckry!"
"Just stop and focus on your life a bit girl"
"This a regular problem fi some girls"
"It's just harder fi you cause Sam grow you like chicken" she bust out laughing again.

"Hate asking your advice eno!" I frowned

Terry willed me to sit on the bench beside her.
"Siddung man!"
"How yah move so today?"
"Me buy you birthday present already eno"
Terry rushed up from the bench
"Hold on make a go fi it!"
She tugged at my hands "Matter of fact come with me"

We got to her room and Terry took out a gift bag from her closet. She handed it to me and gave me an ear-to-ear grin.
"Here you know me can't keep nothing from you too long"

Terry's eyes sparkled with mischief as I opened the gift bag.
The present was enclosed in a black box. The writing read 'secret lover'. I presumed that it was a perfume since Terry was aware of how much I loved those. To my surprise when I opened the box it was a small object with a USB cord enclosed with it.

"Wah this?" I asked Terry

"Woiiii!" Terry screamed and clasp her hands.

"Wah this miss?" I asked again. This time more curious to know why Terry found it so amusing.

"Give me cause you really live back a the rass wall!"

I frowned and handed it to her.

Terry squeezed a button at the bottom and the object began to vibrate. Terry giggled. "It's a sex toy"

I rolled my eyes and folded my lips to hide my emerging smile.

She pointed at the longest part of it. "Yasso a fi insert" she pointed at a part with a little brush-like thingy "and yasso ago massage your clit"

Terry rocked both sides and laughed.
"When you use this me friend you bound fi squirt"

I sucked my teeth playfully
"Girl bye!"
"Me have a man!"

Terry widen her eyes
"Who jailbird or eater man?"
She handed me the toy "Girl stop chat and hold this"
"All woman with a man a use it"
"You too old fashion!"
"Your life need some spicing up!"