the bullet

Joyce was sitting at her chair, peacfully eating dinner next to her boys. They laughed together, tried to confront each other, to be with each other. When she repeated the memories once again, she felt scared. She was scared about Will, if the Mind Flayer won't comes back for him, if he isn't in any possible danger. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't heard he son calling out for her.
"Mum?", Will asked once again, noticing that she was not listening. Jonathan then punched his mother a little.
"Ouch-"
"Mum? Can we watch movie together?", Will asked.
"Oh, of course! Sure sweetie", she said, smiling. It's true that they didn't watch movies together in long time. When they moved to the living room, making themselfs comfortable on the couch, they started picking the movie. Will wanted to watch fantasy movie with knights and Jonathan wanted to watch detective movie. They started fighting, insulting others opinion. Joyce took her chance and stole the controler, putting there a romantic movie. She smiled to herself and giggled when she heard her son's protests.
"You two didn't agree, so I picked one", she said, smiling wildly.
"Why romantic movie mum? That's just soo boring!", Will said, disgusted in this option.
" Believe me or not, but romantic movies aren't boring!", Joyce said
"Oh why you like them now? You never liked romantic movies, too", Jonathan said, furrowing his brow.
"Uh... I changed my opinion about them", Joyce lied.
Actually, she knew why she really changed her opinion about romantic movies. It was because of certain police officer, named Jim Hopper. She loved his face, his voice, his rude part. She trully loved him, but she never releazed it before. That's when she started watching romantic movies. She releazed how much she wished it was Hopper and her, and even if it made her sad, because she knew he would never be hers, she still loved to fantazise about it.
"Oh yeah, or because you fell in love?", Jonathan joked, eyeing his mum.
"Uh- no definitely not", Joyce murmured, looking away. She only hoped they didn't saw the blush appearing on her face.
Will gasped, facing his brother and then looking at Joyce. "So you LIKE SOMEONE", he half shouted.
"Who's the lucky one?", Jonathan asked, teasing her.
"No one.", Joyce said coldy. She didn't really wanna talk about this. "Let's just watch", she said, not releazing the big blush that was on her face, and it didn't fade.
Will and Jonathan were silent, not wanting to make their mother more angry than she already was. But when they releazed that she was so focused on the movie, the started whispering possible addepts for her crush.
Suddenly, someone started banging on the door. Joyce paused the movie, annoyed, because they were in the middle of the most important scene. But the banging didn't stop.
"I AM COMING!", Joyce yelled, getting up and walking to the front door. It was already dark, and she could see the shadow behind the door. It seemed like Hopper, because the person had his hat, but something about his posture, well, didn't seem right. She opened doors, and in next 10 seconds she was screaming.

Hopper was sitting at his chair, looking tiredly down, counting.
Last 15 minutes and he could go home. He smiled to himself, resting his body on his chair, falling asleep. He was awake when Flo bursted in the room.
"Hopper you need to go to one case"
"Huh..?", He said, yawning tiredly. "Why can't anyone else go there?"
Flo looked at him seriously.
"Officers already end their shifts, and there is no one. The ones that were suppossed to be at nightshifts are sick, the little part of them that came are already dealing with some drunk kids"
Hopper sighed. "And what's this case about?"

"An armed robber threatens a clerk in a small store", Flo said.
Hopper took his jacket, listened to the adress and went to his car.
Foe Hopper's luck, this store wasn't the one where Joyce worked, but it was hell close to Byers house. He decided that as soon as he catch him, he will go and say hi to Joyce. He smiled to himself. He really cared for her, and he knew that she needed him, especially now after those Upside Down cases. Since El was staying at Wheeler's, he had a lot time for himself.
He got into the store right when the robber dangerously shot the ceiling, until his gun didn't have any bullets.
"ARMS UP!", Hopper shouted, pointing his own gun at the person.
The person laughed, facing Hopper.
"You wouldn't just shot me, right, chief", to Hopper's surprise, he recognize the voice.
"F*cking Byers.", Hopper whispered, the hate filled his body. He wished he could just shoot him, but Lonnie was right, he couldn't.
Meanwhile the clerk ran away feom his store, scared. Hopper sighed.
"If you put that gun down, and put your hands in the air, I won't fight with you", Hopper said, his voice calm. "However if you don't, you will pay for all those things you done to her"
Lonnie laughed. "And yet I still didn't saw you two date. Well, it's better because you won't make it today", he smiled evily, before he threw one shelf on the floor and ran away.
Hopper was firstly focused on the falling shelf, but when he noticed that Lonnie tried to run away, he was right behind him.
Lonnie wasn't the best runner, but he was still a little better than Hopper. Lonnie turned right, into the abanonded street where no one dares ro step on themselfs. Hopper slowed, because he knew this was blind path. But he didn't know that Lonnie just had enough time to load the pistol, and when he turned around to face Hopper, he shot him and then he ran past him with laugh.
Hopper didn't expected it, and he fell on the wall next to him. He looked down at his injury, releazing that it wasn't the most important part of his body, it was just his tummy, so he won't propably die. However he needed to stop the bleeding. He knew that more closer than hospital or police station was Byers house, it was just 3 minutes of walking there. He crawled slowly, feeling the sharp pain in his stomach. He needed to take that bullet away.
When he finally got himself next to the front door of Byers, he started knocking loudly, because he started feeling dizzy, and he couldn't just pass out here in front of the house. He heard Joyce shouting 'I am coming', and he smiled for himself. If he was going to die, atleast it would be with her infront of him.
She opened the doors, opening her mouth to tell him something, before she releazed that he looked pale as hell. She wanted to tell him something, but she finally noticed the blood streaking down, and she let out a scream.
"HOLLY SHIT- H-HOPPER?!", she looked at him, not sure what to do.
"Can you help me please", he said, his voice quiet.
"WHAT DID YOU DO?!", she said, panicking. 'What if he is going to die on her?', she thought, scared. She took him by his hands, feeling the warm blood on one of his hands, leading him into the living room.
"J-jonathan, Will, could you help me?", she asked in worry. She didn't want to loose Jim, she needed him in her life. She was going to do anything to help him.
Jonathan and Will's eyes went wide, they immidiently stand up and made place for Hopper, who layed down, grunting.
"Jonathan please find me a first aid!", Joyce shouted at him with worry. Jonathan listened to her order, taking Will with himself.
She sat next to him, stroking his hair gently. Hopper looked at her, smiling sadly.
"You'll...you'll be fine Jim, you'll be fine", she tried to comfort him, but it sounded like she was comforting herself more.
"I know I'll be, that's why I walked to you", he said, closing his eyes and resting.
When Jonathan came, he gave Joyce disinfection and bandages and he stepped back.
Joyce wanted to disinfect the wound, but Hopper stopped her.
"There's a...bullet", he said, pointing on his stomach. Joyce gulped, already not liking where this was going.
"You need to,..get it out", Hopper said, his breathe unstable.
"Jim I....I can't", she stuttered and looked down. She didn't know how to do that, and even if she did, she just didn't want to hurt the man that was laying next to her.
"Joyce", he whispered gently. "Of course you can, no, you must, or I die-"
"DON'T say this.", she wasn't going to watch the man of her dreams dying next to her. "But how do I pull it away?"
Will came into the room, holding pliers. "With this?"
Joyce's eyes wattered. "Oh hell no. I am not going to do that", she said, stepping away.
"Can I try?", Will asked, looking from Joyce to Hopper.
"Sure kiddo, just- don't kill me", Hopper half joked.
Will came closer to him, and he tried to pull the bullet away. Joyce couldn't stay the noices that Hopper was making, so she stepped out of the house, putting her face in her hands.
'This can't be real', she thought, crying.
She didn't even releazed that Will pulled out the bullet, smiling proudly. Jonathan then helped Will to disinfect the wound, and they bandaged it. When Hopper sat down, he hugged both of the boys, saying his thank you to them, before he releazed that Joyce wasn't there. He stepped out of the house, finding Joyce looking at the sky, crying. He came closer to her, wondering why she was crying.
"What's so sad?",he asked, so she turned to look at him.
"J-Jim", she whispered, scared.
"What is it?", he questioned, looking at her.
"How can you act like nothing happend at all when you nearly died?!", she shouted at him, not understanding his smile.
He chuckled while looking away. He didn't said anything on it, he just looked away.
"How can you even walk after something like this"
"It was just small bullet Joy", he sighed, looking at his stomach.
"Who did that to you..?", she said, stepping closer to him. It was cold outside, atleast for her.
"A robber", he wasn't prepared to tell Joyce the truth.
"God Hopper", she said, putting her hand slowly and gently at the bandages, looking down at them. When she looked up, she didn't thought she would find Hopper starring at her. She looked right into his eyes, thinking.
"You scared me to death, idiot", she said, causing Hopper burst into laugh. She smiled at him. She was comfortable with him next to her, even if it was cold outside. She pressed her body on his, feeling even more comfortable.
"Joyce", Hopper whispered, taking her by her face.
"Hm?", She questionized, waiting for an answear.
The answear was Hopper's lips on hers. She didn't expected it, but she enjoyed it. She wrapped her arms around his neck to pull him closer, deepening the kiss. He wrapped his arms around her, too, to have her even way closer to him.
After while they both broke up for some air, Hopper moaning because of his bandage, leaving Joyce laughing.

Jonathan and Will were watching them from windows, Will smiling.
"Ha! You owe me 5$", he said happily, looking at Jonathan.
"Oh c'mon! You don't knoe if that was friendly kiss or if they are in love!", Jonathan protested.
"Let me be clear, this was OBVIOUSLY the kiss of pure love", he said, grinning.