Old photo

It was day when Joyce, Jonathan and Will cleaned their house. It was very rainy day, to say atleast, so Joyce knew that her boys wouldn't be able to ran off and leave her on this alone, which made her feel less stressed.

Of course, neither Will or Jonathan were happy with the idea about big cleaning, yet they didn't dare to disagree. Their house was really a mess, since the time when Will was missing.

So, they both grabbed cloth and broom and started cleaning. Joyce was cleaning for an hour and half, then she felt exhausted and tired, so she sat down on the sofa. Will cleaned Kitchen and his room, Jonathan cleaned Living room and his room too, and then they both made their ways to the basement.

They never spent much time there, and since Joyce wasn'T able to watch over them now, they first looked through the whole place. There were a lot of small boxes, some big ones, some random stuff on the shelf.

Jonathan curiously opened one of the boxes, called ''Maldonado- 1958''. Jonathan knew and remembered that Maldonado was his mothers surename, so he wasn't so surprised.

He was searching in the box, finding some old sketch books, one rusty teddy bear, and one old photo. He picked the photo up and stared at it for a while, Will joining him.  They had no idea who thos two on the photo were, and why were they sitting where they were sitting.

Of course, the only one who could answear was their mother, Joyce.  So they made there way back and sat with her on the sofa.

''Yall guys finished?'', Joyce asked softly, smiling from ear to ear.

''Not exactly,..but-''

''We would like to know this'', Will said, pointing on the picture that Jonathan was holding. Joyce blinked few times and looked at the photo.

''Uh...that's- what- where did you find this?''

''Your old box, it said stuff from 1958'', Jonathan simply said.

''I uh...what EXACTLY you wanna know-?''

''Who's on the photo?', Will asked curiously.

Joyce just chuckled and ruffled his hair, taking the photo in her hands.

''This? This is me and Jim'', she said, smiling.

''YOU AND CHIEF-?'', Jonathan asked, not believing it. There's no way it trully is them, right?

''You look pretty - uh- uhm- badass'', Will whispered.

Joyce just chuckled and shook her head, taking Will on her lap.

''Who taught you this word? Was that your brother?'', she asked.

''No, it was Wheeler and his gang'', Jonathan roled his eyes and looked at his mum once again.

''But this doesn't explain stuff- why are you two sitting on a- pushcart? is it-?''

''That's a- a loong story, John'', Joyce sighed with wide smile.

''I wanna hear!'', Will protested and Joyce juat giggled.

''You sure, little man?'', she asked.

''Yea!'', Will protested.

''Alright...so...as the box said, it happend years ago, when I and Hop were in Highschool,..''

//Hawkins, 1959//

''C'mon Maldonado it was a deal!!'', Jim Hopper shouted while laughing.

''A deal!? You just FUCKING fooled me Jim! There's no deal!''

''But you promised'', he winked at her.

''Yeah blah blah blah. But you fooled me so the whole deal doesn't even apply!''

''But it does! You said so! And also, don't forget that no one said anything about fooling you'', Jim said, smirking at his best friend. She just groaned and slapped him on his right cheek, laughing at his surprised reaction.

''Do we really going to do that? I mean- What about your dad? He and his whole 'police gang' would kill us'', she murmured afterwards.

''Are you worried about my father? You know he wouldn't hurt you! He would propably kill me but I don't care at this moment!'', he chuckled, leaning against the mall wall. He was really excited about this idea.

''I mean- what if we die?''

''Nothing bad can happen, besides I will be sitting first'', he rolled his eyes.

''I don't believe you'', she said after a while.

''C'mon Joy don't be a fricking coward!'', he said, grabbing her arm and pushing her inside the mall.

''You idiot'', she murmured, while watching him grabbing the pushcart.

''Aaand now, the best part'', he whispered, ''run''

As soon as Hopper said that, Joyce turned around and ran from the store, hearing as someone behind them shouted. She ran as fast as she could, on the road, and soon enough she saw the pushcart with Hopper inside it, driving with incredible speed.

''JUMP'', Hopper shouted at her, and she did. She jumped inside the pushcart and hugged Hopper tieghtly, nearly screaming. He just laughed.

Soon enough the pushcart was driving down the road, and right into the highway, where were two cars. When Joyce spotted it, she screamed and started shaking with Hoppers shoulders.

''STOP IT! STOP IT THEY GONNA HIT US! JIM- JIM FOR GOD'S SAKE!-''

''PREPARE FOR THE FUN BABY!'', Hopper shouted, determinately lean forward, watching as both cars from different lanes on the road were getting closer and closer. 

The pushcart ran in front of them, and Joyce closed her eyes for a while, preparing for a crash. But there was no crash.

''Hehehe I told you so, it's fun!'', Hopper said, turning his head towards Joyce.

''Hopper- HOPPER WATCH OUT-'', Joyce screamed,but late. The pushcart hit the nearest tree with a loud thumb.

//present//

''Woah- what happend after that?'', Jonathan asked curiously.

''Did you two had a problem?'', Will added.

Joyce just nodded with a smile.

''Yeah well- Hopper broke his arm, and even before we could properly get out of the pushcart, the police arrived. But since Jim was son of one of the closest Chief's police officers, no one dared to give us a fine.''

''That was stupid idea'', Will whispered.

''But...who took the photo?'', Jonathan asked after a while, looking at his mother.

''Oh! That was our friend, Henry. He was out with his new camera that day, and when he saw us he just couldn't resist'', Joyce giggled, leaning on the couch, nearly laying.

''So, you two had your break, what about getting back to work?'', she smirked at them, and laughed when she saw their faces.

''Nooo!'', Will protested.

''What about we just don'T-?'', Jonathan asked, gicing Joyce puppy eyes.

''Alright, sure'', Joyce sighed happily, closing her eyes.