Apology(angst?)

//Stranger Things 3, Murray's house//

Ever since they came here, they had a beef with each other. The first real fight happend in the evening, when Hopper still complained about how Joyce dated Scott. It pissed her off and she shouted at him. They were shouting for a while, not even Murray was able to calm them down. It all ended when Hopper slammed the doors behind himself in a room for hosts.

Ever since the fight, Hopper avoided Joyce. Murray was giving Joyce the stare everytime he saw her after that, making her feel quilty. For what? It wasn't even her fault in the first place.

Yet, every single minute that passed from that night made her feel less sure about what she had done.

The next day, Murray and Alexei went shopping, leaving Joyce and Hopper alone. Joyce sighed when they left, knowing that Hopper would propably ignore her, and she wanted to change that. She waited until he would go down, decided to watch Tv and she got closer to him.

He stared at hery but then he shrugged and ignored her again. He didn't have mood for that.

"Jim I.....let me- let me explain", she stuttered out.

He gave her is "sure then" expression, sitting on the couch silently.

"I uh...you just....you don't get it, l-let me explain", she said, her eyes darting around the room, wondering where to start or what to say.

"I didn't went to Clark's house because I liked him or anything, I was just....curious about the magnets", she started, looking down.

"A-and the fact that I didn't went on that dinner DOESN'T mean that I foegot or anything I was just....nervous", she added after that, when it was pretty silent. When even then Hopper didn't say anything, she slowly looked up.

"So you were 'nervous'?", he said mockingly.

Joyce sighed. Of course he wouldn't get her. He never did at these kind od things. Why? She watched him staring at her long enough for him to relieze that she has nothing else to say. He just sighed and took the remote, turning on the Tv.

Joyce stood there in front of him, her heart racing. When she finally understood, she silently made her way to Murray's kitchen. She sat there and sobbed in silence. Then she grabbed bottle of Vodka.

Hopper appeared next to her in a hour or so, silently walking to the kitchen, noticing how off she looked.

She was sitting on a chair, staring at the wall in front of her, seeming, well... done.

Hopper sighed and walked to her, grabbing the half full bottle of vodka away from her. She startled a bit, trying to fight but when she releazed that it was him, she quickly stopped.

They just stared at each other for a while, neither of them wanted to start speaking. Joyce then looked away.

"What do you want", she whispered when he gently brabbed her hands into his.

"I want you to stop this", Hopper said with sad tone.

She looked at him, raising her eyebrow.

"Stop this....all. Just be honest with me", he sighed.

She was silent, thinking. How could she be honest with him if it could destroy their friendship? She didn't want to loose him.

He sighed after a while, releasing her hands from his. He turned around and was ready to leave her alone, but she just couldn't accept it. She took his shoulder, her grip firm and strong. She was afraid to let go now.

"What is it..?", he asked furiously.

"I just....I can't Hop", she let out, sobbing. Tears appeared in her eyes, making it difficult to even look at him.

"I c-can't be honest with you. I- I just- I can't loose you", she cried out.

Hoppers face softened as he watched her. He sighed and pulled her in a deep hug, his head reating on hers.

"Okay", he simply said, rubbing her back gently, "It's okay Joyce....I am sorry"

She cried into his shirt, worried about everything. What id she told him the truth and he would reject her? Or what if he hates her already?

"Joyce...listen to me, it's okay, I get it, it's completely fine", he whispered when he noticed that her crying was just getting worse. He kisses her forehead gently and continued to rib her back gently.

"Are you sure?", she whispered after she calmed down, resting her head on his chest. Her eyes slowly darted up at him, waiting for the answear.

"Yeah...sure, take your time", he whispered back, giving her his soft smile.

"Just take your time...okay?"

She nodded , closing her eyes as she listened to his heart beat.

"But...will you be honest with me,..explain all this to me, once?"

She nodded silently. Once, when she would get determination to tell him the truth about how much she loved him, she would.

Once..