A late night call

When Hopper went to bed that night, he didn't think some hours on that he won't even think of sleeping. As tears started spreading his face, his whole body shaking, he knew he won't sleep again.

Ever since Joyce started letting El sleeping in their house, Hopper became very aware of his nightmares. Normally, he would push the feelings away like before, but now, now he somehow couldn't.

And ever since then, his nightmares became more wild. Normally, he was seeing his past, Sara and Diane, but now,...Now his nightmares became worse.

They started using his current family. El and Joyce, Will and Jonathan. Even if the Byers weren't technically his family, he started seeing them like this. 

Now, sitting in the kitchen and looking to nowhere, Hopper thought if he should sneak for a help. Of course he wouldn't ever admit his bad health, but he really needed to sleep, just a bit. He sighed, playing with his fingers. Before he could releaze it, another way of tears made its way down, making Hopper surprised how much he can cry.

He got up and walked to the cellphone, dialing Joyces number. he needed to hear her, it might calm him down.

For the first time, no one answeared and that scared him, he sat there in silence, trembling again. He got up and walked to his couch, grabbing a blanket around himself, just at time when the phone started ringing. He nearly tripped over as he ran to the phone, picking it up.

''uh..Hopper?'', Joyce asked, tired.

''Oh,..hi, Joyce'', he smiled sadly, glad he could hear her voice.

''Why are you calling in midnight'', she asked honestly, yawning.

''I uh,...wanted to hear you-?'', he said strangely, sighing.

''Hop..?''

''I.,'', he sighs once again,''I had a nightmare''

''Oh,..you, wanna talk about it?'', she asked slowly.

Hopper was quiet for a second. How could he explain without thinking of it?

''Hop,...you know you can tell me anything, right..?''

He started playing with his fingers, thinking how to explain it.

''It...it started with, loosing El,..she died, the monsters k..killed...then you all left and...I was there, alone, in that...dark place...now one was here to get me out..'', he was sobbing.

Joyce was quiet, only her breathe was heard.

''Do you want me to come to you?''

He hesitated, not saying anything, and Joyce just sighed.

''I will be there in five minutes, okay...?'', she wispered and before Hopper could say something, she hung up.

He started trembling away, hating the feeling of lonelliness. He couldn't make it alone. He quickly burst into new tears as he thought of loosing everyone, everyone he loved, he cared about, would be gone-

Before he releazed, Joyce burst inside his house and made her way to him. She hugged him, and walked with him on the couch. She didn't let go of him, her hands roamed his back in calm circles, making him relaxed.

He let out a small sigh, wrapped his arms around her and tried to sleep, before he was awoken by her question.

''Do you need to talk about something?'', she asked gently.

He just shook his head and whispered 'Just be here, please,..', so silently that she nearly didn't hear it, but she understood. She let him fall asleep on her and just rested with him, smiling happily as she releazed that the strongest, rock man she ever met, was worried about loosing her and his closest people. About loosing her,...

She leaned and kissed his cheek lovely. ''I'll never leave you, Hop'', she whispered quietly, falling asleep next to him.