Chapter 10 : I ran to him.

Start from the beginning

_____
After a while I finished showering, grabbed a towel and wrapped it around myself before going out. I grabbed my clothes, neatly folded them and got out of the bathroom. Devon turned to look at me and as soon as he saw me in a towel he quickly turned to look to the other side.

"Oh...you're done already...um my clothes are in that walk-in closet over there", he pointed to two big doors at the end of his bedroom. I went to the big doors and slowly opened them revealing a big, fancy walk-in closet with a small couch inside and a small table. All his clothes were neatly packed on the shelves and also his expensive shoes.

What his walk-in closet looks like

I walked in and placed my wet clothes on the floor near the couch, I began looking for something to wear, like a t-shirt and maybe shorts. Luckily I found them but they were big for me obviously. I wore them and I kid-you-not, I looked like a 10 year old wearing her parent's clothes. But they were really comfy and smelled amazing.

I walked out and closed the door behind me. I bet Devon was cackling from inside because of how I looked. The oversized clothes, messy hair and all my make-up was off. He turned to look at me and his eyes widened.

"Woah, you look pretty cute, sugar-plumb.", he smiled warmly.

"Ha...ha...very funny. I look like I'm going through a mid-life crises right now and all my make-up is off.", I complained.

" I'm serious, Evanly, you look really beautiful without your make-up and you look adorable with my oversized clothes. Now come over and sit next me so you can explain what happened. You can wear that blanket over there or you can share with me", he winked.

"In your dreams, Devon", i chuckled. I went to the couch and grabbed the blanket that was laying there. I claimed onto Devon's bed and covered myself with the blanket.

"Now tell me what happened.", he turned to look at me. That feeling of warmth and comfort surfaced once more, that same feeling I got when he spoke to me, when he looked at me. What was this man doing to me?

I heaved a sigh of exhaustion and looked down with sadness in my voice I began.

"When I got back to my house, I went straight up to my room, freshend up and started cleaning my room. As I cleaned, I found someone's fucken panties under my bed and when asked Justin about it, he gave me stupid excuses. He was lying, I know it.", I complained to him.

"So he's cheating on you, right?", he asked.

"I don't know and he shouted at me just to defend himself.", I said.

"It looks like he's hiding something from you.", he said.

"I don't know, Devon...I'm so fucken frustrated and mad at him. I really love him but I don't know what to do anymore.", I began sobbing.

With his good arm he gently turned my face to him and wiped my tears.

"Don't cry, Evanly. Maybe you two are going through a tough time but it's going to be okay. In the mean time, I'm hear and you can vent out as much as you want, okay. Please don't cry"

I looked deep into his blue eyes and somehow it made me calm down a bit. He looked at me with such care in his eyes, I didn't even realize how handsome he looked up close. We looked into each others eyes, not looking away for a moment. As soon as we realized what was happening, we both pulled back and pretended like nothing happened.

My heart was beating so fast, what was that? We had never gotten that close before.

What was happening?

I can't be having these thoughts! I want to break free, I want to let myself be happy but I can't, I love my husband  and I'm not going to give up on him. If only...Devon wasn't here...

~TO BE CONTINUED...~