My Son

Layarah awoke and her arms were around her husband's neck as she cried. The warm tears were not for her death but it was for the family and friends who had passed. And for the guilt. The guilt of having the craving of not wanting to leave her family of not returning back to this mess of a world. Now that she was in her husband's arms again she had felt nothing more than sorrow.

Her nose was in the crook of his neck. Jaime's shaky breath hitting her neck, his grip tightening around her waist.

He prayed to the gods and here she was. She was in his arms once again and he wasn't going to risk it. She was his wife, she made everything make sense and he wasn't going to lose that. He would burn the entire capital if that meant the two would be separate.

She was his other half. She was the love of his life, the greatest love he could ever experience. He felt like he was drowning for all the years she wasn't in his life. And when he made eye contact or the first time he knew she was the one. The one who was going to make him a father, the one who taught him the true meaning of being a person not a lord but a person.

And he almost lost her. He almost lost his savior.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Layarah sobbed. She needed him to know she was sorry that she thought about leaving him. That she chose to be dead rather than return back to this world.

Jaime didn't understand what she was apologizing for. He should be the one apologizing to her. He lost her, he was supposed to be her knight and she died. She died under his protection. She and their daughter died. He had so much to apologize for yet it felt like if he spoke that he would just end up crying.

"I'm here now, I'm here." Layarah whispered in his ear. She knew he needed comfort. She could feel it, she could feel how much he'd been lost for the hours she'd been dead. Layarah pulled away and placed her hand on his cheek. Their eyes meeting one another. Emotions being flown, love and affection. Fearing once they leave this room that everything would be crashing down. "Where's our son Siverys?" Layarah asked. Jaime's mouth began to turn downwards when she mentioned their newborn son. He didn't know how to break the news to her that their daughter had died. That Visenya had passed away before Layarah could see her eyes opened for the first time.