King & Queen

Layarah had gained the North

Layarah had gained the North. Many Northernmen weren't too pleased that their King had bowed to another person yet Layarah could care less. She has gained enough allie's to end Daenerys Targaryen and her reign.

Yet Layarah won't forgive Jon and she doesn't think she ever will. He was her brother before all and he chose her cousin over her in her moment of need. He chose love over family, breaking her heart in two. Yes it might not be blood but they were as thick as thieves and Layarah believed Jon would have chosen her before all. Now she wasn't so sure.

The girl was currently braiding her daughter's hair while her son watched. He noticed how his mother was deep in thought. Vhaegal was aware of the Targaryen madness and he was sure his mother wasn't going to follow the same fate as his ancestors. He knew his mother, he knew his mother only had good intentions. He knew his mother better than most, the two had a relationship that no other had. Vhaegal tried to understand his mother and try to help her the best he could.

"Momma, what's on your mind?" Vhaegal questioned. Layarah broke away from her mind and looked over at her boy. A smile growing on her face trying to deceive her son into believing she was fine yet he knew better.

"The war my boy. Something you shouldn't strain yourself with." Layarah said, causing Vhaegal to roll his eyes. The boy wanted to fight alongside his family but he knew due to his age he would be a liability. He thought he could just use Manarr but his mother told him about the Night King.

"I wish to fight—"

"And I wish this conversation could end." Layarah said, raising a brow at her son before chuckling . Vhaegal let out a huff as Ros entered the chambers with Aemon in her grasp. "Ros, do you believe a 8 year old boy should be fighting in the war against dead people?" Layarah questioned. Ros looked at Vhaegal with a smirk on her face.

"No I don't." Ros said, walking over to Vhaegal before pulling on his cheeks. "But if they're as cute as this little guy then I would hope he'd be in battle to protect me~." Vhaegal slapped her hands away from his cheeks and began rubbing them.

"I'm handsome, not cute!" Vhaegal argued, causing his mother to let out a laugh. Layarah finished braiding, placing her hand on Rhaella's shoulders. Rhaella looked at the mirror and smiled at her hair, admiring it. Rhaella enjoyed having her hair braided by her mother instead of Ros or Irene since lately she never got time to spend with her mother. Layarah's been busy running the war so she barely seeks time with her children. Rhaella knew this and she didn't resent her mom; she just hoped the war would end soon so she could get her mother back.

Layarah turned around and walked to the floorboard that was in front of the dresser. She bent down and began removing 3 pieces and placing it to the side.

"If anything goes wrong and someone enters these chambers you will be hiding here." Layarah said, her head turning to her children. "Do you understand ?" The children nodded their heads. Layarah turned her head back around, placing the floorboards back to their places before rising and taking Aemon from Ros' grasp. She placed a few kisses on his head. Layarah sat down on the bed next to her son, bringing him close and wrapping her arm around his shoulder. Ros and her began talking about whatever was on their mind since they haven't had a moment where they could sit down and talk. Layarah and Ros spoke about the castle Ros would live in and raise her child.